news

"....okay....Maine, we're going to have an ultrasound of your belly now....just relax....."

The nurse helps Maine on the examination table and applies jelly. Rj holds her hand.

"Babe...your hands are cold....are you cold?"

"No...."

"Don't pass out okay?"

"....I won't...."

"Okay, let's start?" the doctor takes her place beside the examination table. She moves the probe around Maine's belly.

"....good....wow.....strong hearbeat.....wait...."

"...what's wrong?" Rj looks at the monitor, trying to figure out what he is seeing on the screen.

"....uhmmm...." the doctor moves the probe around Maine's belly....

"....Doc?"

"....I hope...."

"Yes?"

"I hope you have 2 names ready....."

"Two?" Maine repeats and looks at Rj, who has turned white. "Babe....Rj.....breathe....." she tells him. He is shaking his head as tears stream down his face.

"Yes, two....here's one.....and there's the other one...." the doctor points at the image on the monitor.

Rj bends down and kisses Maine on the forehead.

"I love you!" he says.

"I love you, too!"

* * * * * * * * * *

"Thanks for coming, Nay...Tay...Dad...."

"Anong meron?.....bakit kami andito, nak?" Daddy Richard asked.

"Uhm...kasi...." Maine said hesitantly. She looked at Rj who smiled and nodded.

"Kasi ano?....."

They handed envelopes to their parents.

"Ano to?" Tatay Teddy looked at Maine.

"Buksan nyo po...."

"Anak...binigyan mo ako ng pera? Wow! Salamat!"

"Dad naman e....buksan nyo po kasi...."

"Ano ito?" the gentlemen in the group said in unison. Nanay Maryann's eyes widened then she cupped her hand on her mouth and immediately hugged Maine then Rj.

  Nanay Maryann's eyes widened then she cupped her hand on her mouth and immediately hugged Maine then Rj

The men looked at each other, confused.

"...Tay...Dad....magiging Lolo po kayo....sa....kambal...."

"Kambal!?!" Tatay Teddy exclaimed and hugged Maine who was now tearful but smiling. She nodded and hugged her father, tightly.

"Wow! Congrats, anak!" Daddy Richard hugged Rj and tussled his hair. Rj was also now in happy tears.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Kambal! Magiging Tita ako sa kambal?" Coleen ecstatically said over a video call they were having with Maine.

"...Ninang...sa isa...." Maine replied

"Pero wow! Kambal! Ang galing!!"

"Magiging Kuya na si Matti!" Ate Niki exclaimed.

"Oo....Ninang ka din, ha?"

"Oo naman!...."

"Paano naman kami ni Kuya?" Dean joined in on the conversation.

"....hmm...pag-iisipan ko pa...."

"Ay! Grabe sya...."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Kuyaaaaaaaaaa!!! Magiging Ninang ba ako sa kambal?"  Riza screamed into the phone.

"Pwedeng Yaya?"

"....ganon?!.....sige, pwede na rin....basta! Excited ako!

* * * * * * * * * *

"So.....twins....two....I wonder who'd they look like...."

"Shempre mana sa akin...Mommy's babies...." Maine said, beaming.

"Oo naman...my beautiful babies..." Rj said as he hugged Maine.

He bent down over Maine's belly and kissed it.

"Hello Babies....Daddy loves you....very much...." he kissed her belly again.

Maine could only tussle his hair as she held back her tears.

Rj stood up and cupped Maine's face with his hand.  He kissed her forehead and then leaned in for a kiss on her lips.