enceinte

Rj woke up to a cool mattress beside him. With eyes still closed, he felt the side of the bed where Maine sleeps and felt it cool and empty. He immediately opened his eyes, looked to the side and bolted right up.

"Maine?.....Maine?....." he called out.

"....in here....." was a faint, labored reply.

Rj immediately jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Maine was hunched over the sink, red-faced.

Rj instinctively pulled a towel from the shelf of their walk-in closet and wiped Maine's forehead. After a few minutes, she was fine and hugging Rj.

"....I read that having twins is really like this....the morning sickness is a bit worse....kasi nga 2 sila dyan...." he said as he rubbed her back.

"I know....I know...." was all she could say; albeit, tearfully.

* * * * * * * * * *

"....wait....I need to lay down....everything is spinning....."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fi......" Rj rushes to the bathroom, almost pushing Maine aside as he bolts from the bed to the door.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Teka....I want green mango with sugar and chili sauce and toyo...."

"...are you sure?"

"Oo....masarap kaya....lalo na pag malamig.....let's put lots of ice, ha?"

"Love...di kaya sumakit naman tyan mo nyan?" Maine asks Rj as she watches him excitedly prepare this weird concoction.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Richaaaaaaaard!"

"Hala sya!....Why? What did I do? You haven't called me by my full name since we got married...."

"Maligo kaaaa...ambaho mo!"

"Love naman...I just showered...."

"Do it again...."

".....I've showered twice already.....kulang nalang ikaw ang magpaligo sa akin e...."

"......" Maine rolls her eyes at him.

"Okay fine.....but the next time you request me to shower, I will demand na ikaw na ang magpapaligo sa akin!"

"Deal!"

* * * * * * * * * *

"....most expectant fathers are the ones who suffer more from morning sickness.....but I think Rj's is more due to stress and anticipation...."

"He's really acting weird....craving for weird stuff....and nasusuka daw lagi...."

"...ganun talaga....it will pass after a few weeks....you're almost over your first trim right?"

"Yes...."

"....morning sickness is more apparent during the first trimester....in rare cases though, expectant mothers have it until late into the pregnancy...."

"....hala....will Rj suffer pa rin?"

"....I don't think so....you said so yourself....he's not as nauseous or craving for the weird stuff anymore....he's fine....he'll be fine...."

"Haay salamat talaga for all your help....you're the best doctor ever....."