Charm, Seve, Riki, Iggy, Eena

"So....two names daw sabi ni Doc Ann...." Rj said as they sat on the couch after breakfast.

"Twins"

"...I can't believe it myself...."

"I'm carrying twins...."

"Yes...you are...you are the three most important people in my life right now....I love you three!"

"And we love you more!"

Maine kisses Rj on the lips.

"...what will their names be?"

"......"  Maine looks at Rj tenderly but a little lost for words.

"Hmm....I really like the name Siegfried....and of course, Richard...."

"...but what if they're girls?"

"...hmmm....you mentioned Charmaine before....that's nice......nice din ang Athena.....but....you, what do you want to name our babies?"

"...I really like the name Sebastian..."

"...wow! I never thought thinking of names would be difficult" Rj chuckled. "Teka....check nga natin what these names mean...." he types on his laptop.

"....yeah, I believe that names affect personalities as well....well, I've encountered some people having the same names with similar personalities...."

"Ah talaga? Sino?"

"...mga batchmates ko sa school...same name sila, halos pareho ugali....pero baka coincidence din lang....who knows?"

"O here...Siegfried.... Derived from the Germanic elements sigu "victory" and frid "peace". Siegfried was a hero from Germanic legend, chief character in the 'Nibelungenlied', which tells how he defeated the Icelandic queen Brünhild in order to win the hand of Kriemhild. He was stabbed and killed by Hagen in his one vulnerable spot on the small of his back, which had been covered by a leaf while he bathed in dragon's blood. His adventures were largely based on those of the Norse hero Sigurd."

"Interesting....very masculine....how about yung Richard?"

"....Richard.... Means "brave power", derived from the Germanic elements ric "power, rule" and hard "brave, hardy". The Normans introduced this name to Britain, and it has been very common there since that time. It was borne by three kings of England including Richard I the Lionheart, leader of the Third Crusade in the 12th century. Famous bearers include two German opera composers, Richard Wagner (1813-1883) and Richard Strauss (1864-1949), as well as British explorer Sir Richard Burton (1821-1890) and American musician Little Richard (1932-)."

"Wow! Ang powerful nung mga names.....How about Sebastian?"

"...Sebastian.... From the Latin name Sebastianus which meant "from Sebaste". Sebaste was the name a town in Asia Minor, its name deriving from Greek σεβαστος (sebastos) "venerable" (a translation of Latin Augustus, the title of the Roman emperors). Saint Sebastian was a 3rd-century Roman soldier martyred by arrows after it was discovered he was a Christian. Due to the saint's popularity, the name came into general use in medieval Europe, especially in Spain and France. It was also borne by a 16th-century king of Portugal who died in a crusade against Morocco."

"..Hmm...interesting....eh how about the girls' names?"

"....Charmaine..... Meaning unknown, perhaps a combination of CHARMIAN or the English word charm with the aine suffix from LORRAINE. It was (first?) used for a character in the play 'What Price Glory' (1924), which was made into a popular movie in 1926.......Athena..... Meaning unknown, perhaps derived from Greek αθηρ (ather) "sharp" and αινη (aine) "praise". Athena was the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare, the daughter of Zeus and the patron goddess of the city of Athens in Greece. She is associated with the olive tree and the owl."

"So many beautiful names...."

"Dapat bagay din sa Faulkerson...." Rj smiles at Maine.

"Oo naman....ang ganda kaya ng 'Charmaine Athena Faulkerson' or 'Richard Siegfried Faulkerson'....."

"Pero walang mas gaganda sa Nicomaine Dei Faulkerson...." Rj wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

"Bolero!" Maine slaps Rj's arm.  They chuckled as Rj put away his laptop and got ready to leave.

"O, are you ready?"  Rj stands up and extends his hand to Maine to help her stand up from the sofa.

"...let's go..." she says as she takes his hand and stands up.

"So kids....are you ready to find out what's in the oven?" Doc Ann said as she brought the couple to the ultrasound room.

Rj assisted Maine in getting up on the bed while the nurse draped her with a blanket as she lifted her dress up.

"Ma'am...medyo malamig ito ha?...." the nurse said as she applied the jelly.

"....okay....let's see...."  Doc Ann said as she put the probe on Maine's belly.  Almost immediately, a loud and steady heartbeat could be heard.  On the screen appeared a "sac" with a little human inside. Further movement of the probe revealed that the little one was a girl.  The doctor also moved the probe and showed the cute face of the little angel.

"Wait....let's move it a little more....sometimes kasi they like to show their pwet more than their front...." Doc Ann giggled. "Okay...yes....a girl...."  Doc Ann smiled at the couple who were looking intently at the monitor.

Rj squeezed Maine's hand and kissed her on the forehead.

Doc Ann moved the probe once again. "....Let's see the other one....asus! Di man lang nahiya o....boy!"  The little one inside Maine's belly had his legs slightly open, exposing his front immediately. And, like his sister, Doc Ann moved the probe to show his face and he had a naughty smile on.  Doc Ann laughed which caused Maine and Rj to laugh as well.

"Pa-bida si baby boy o!" Doc Ann said.

Rj was now a puddle of tears although he was smiling.   Maine was also crying and reached her other arm over to Rj's waist so her face was buried in his waist.

They moved to the doctor's clinic in the other room.  "....Congratulations! The babies seem healthy....Maine, I want you to come back next month for a check up, okay?"

"Yes, Doc....We'll be back...." Rj answered.

"Ma'am...." the nurse handed them the packet of pictures from the scan.

"....Thanks!....Thank you, Ann....see you next month...."

= = =

name credits: http://www.behindthename.com