Ben

Believe it or not, I had a boy friend. No, it's not what you're thinking, we weren't in a relationship. We were close friends, one of my oldest friends in fact that was a year older than me. His name was Benjamin.

Benjamin lived right across from my house for years. We went to the same elementary school and ended up going to the same middle school together. Usually, his younger sister Kate would invite me over once or twice a week.

It was another humid afternoon, Ben and one of his oldest friends Aden were on the couch playing football on the X-Box against each other. Ben would always choose to be on the Colts and Aden always chose the Chargers; the Colts always won.

"Who's winning?" I asked, as always before sitting on the couch, chuckling as Aden threw his remote in frustration. "Colts." Ben answered with a small smile, watching Aden before pausing the game.

"As always, he never goes easy on anyone!" Aden pouted with a sarcastic frown, crossing his arms.

"Oh really?" Ben suddenly scoffed."Yeah! You beat everyone you play!" Aden stood up before sitting next to me.

"You wanna play me?" Ben offered, picking the other remote off the ground before handing it to me. "I'll go easy,"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his promise, Aden and I both knew he never went easy when it came to football.

"You're on." I smirked.

"Ten bucks says you'll lose!" Aden challenged, unfolding his arms. "Deal!" Ben chuckled.

I was now confident I'd lose against him, especially when money is involved. Of course, I chose my favorite football team: The Cowboys.

Don't judge, I know they suck.

To everyone's surprise, I won. I couldn't believe it myself. Ben sat down next to Aden, grunting before digging through his pocket, handing him ten dollars. "You lost against a girl!" Aden laughed, falling to the floor. "Shut up Aden," Ben grunted before tossing a pillow at him quickly.

Aden grunted as the pillow struck the side of his head with a sudden clap. "Jerk!" Ben flung himself off the couch before sitting on his back, chuckling as Aden's frustrated look. "He's a pain you know that?" Aden's head shifted, looking up at me with a weak chuckle.

"Do you need help down there?" I leaned forward, tilting my head with a wide smile.

Ben turned his head, "Not unless he takes what he called me back!" Aden exhaled heavily against the floor. "Nope. You know it's true!"

Slowly, Ben sat back, letting all his weight rest on Aden's back. "Alright, fine. Suit yourself."

"Ben get off of him." I sat up completely, noticing Aden's discomfort. Ben turned his head slowly, his blue eyes narrowing. "Not till he takes it back."

I stood up, "Ben.."

He rolled himself off Aden's back slowly with a grunt. "Fine.." Aden stood up, chuckling at Ben's reddened face. "Looks like I found myself a body guard now!"

My fingers curled around the rim of a pillow before tossing it straight at Aden's face. "I'm not your body guard Aden." Ben chuckled as Aden lied on the ground, shaking his head with a wide smile. "What! Who's bodyguard are you then? I need to have a little chat with them, this guy needs to be stopped!" His finger pointed at Ben, quickly scurrying against the floor as Ben stood up.

"Dirt bag she's not gonna be anyone's body guard!" He grabbed the pillow I threw before smacking Aden across the face with it. "Fine! Fine!" Aden smiled, trying to grab the pillow out of Ben's hands.