People Need Me

I couldn't decide what hurt most, realizing Danielle was now becoming my rival, or hearing my closest friend tell me I was hurting her.

I woke up hearing an unpleasant ring in my ears, and bright lights shine down on me. It took me a good long minute to adjust to the brightness of the room I was in, and see clearly where I was; the nurse's office.

The physical pain was bearable, the mental pain wasn't.

I noticed a bloody towel in the sink beside me, I only assumed that was from me.

It seemed like hours went by before the principle walked into the room, seating himself down beside me with a worried look.

"How does your head feel?" He asked, in an unusually calm tone.

"F-Fine," I lied. Every time I rotated my head even a little bit, a sharp sting would run down my body. I'd groan every time this happened.

The principle nodded slowly, opening a binder he carried with him. "Does the icepack help at all?"

I furrowed my eyebrows before clearing my throat weakly. "I-Ice pack?"

His eyes rose slowly, probably in concern. "We put an icepack behind your head, where you were wounded. Can you feel it?"

I made the stupid mistake of shaking my head, a loud groan leaving my lips as another sharp sting radiated through my head.

"It doesn't look like you're okay. Is it okay if I call your parents?" He asked before reaching in his pocket.

"N-No! Don't..I-I'll be o-okay. Please." I begged under my breath.

The principle froze, narrowing his eyes before nodding. "Alright, I won't. If that's what makes you feel comfortable."

I watched him flip through a few pages in his binder, realizing they were notes of some sort that he'd written down.

"W-What's that?" I choked, having to clear my throat again.

"This?" He rose the binder slightly before taking a specific paper out it.

"These are notes. I talked with a few of your friends, asking them exactly what happened out there." He explained, leaning in closer so I'd see the paper in his hands.

"It seems like you have been through quite a bit at this school. I'd like to help you as much as I can." His eyes looked straight through mine, I recognized how nervous he actually was just by his looks.

"Where's Danielle?" I gazed over his shoulder, noticing Shaina sitting in the other room with her hands over her face.

"Danielle?" He tilted his head, obviously unsure of who I meant.

"The girl who did this to me." I clarified, speaking a little louder.

"Oh, she's in my office. You don't need to worry about her right now." He explained, following my eyes, noticing how worried I was.

"Look, as a principle It's my job to keep you safe, and there's only so much I can do. From where I see it, if you want to solve this issue, I can't be that does it. You two have to sort this out, because no one else can." I couldn't believe my ears. Everyone who I've ever talked to that works at the school has told me to solve things on my own, even though they say they want to help. I didn't know what to do or believe anymore.

"I can only help by punishing the students who bully you, or calling their parents." He added. "Do you want me to call Danielle's parents? Do you want me to discipline her for bullying you Isabella?"

Immediately I shook my head, tears streaming down my cheeks, in both immense pain and fear. "N-No!"

The principle gave me a long look then nodded with a heavy sigh. "Your friends told me what happens to you everyday at school and how you stand up for other students at school. Believe it or not those students are doing much better because of you. They look up to you Isabella."