fifteen // i didn't do it

Brant, Flynn, and I entered the house, cross bow and bucket in hand.

Liam snickered. "I guess I know who was ambushing Raya's car."

"I didn't do anything." I sat down at the island and rested the cross bow on top.

"Oh really?" He smirked.

I nodded. "100% innocent."

"Us too." Flynn nodded towards his older brother. Brant simply smiled at his father before pulling out his phone.

"You guys are horrible." Liam shook his head with a laugh.

"This was all their idea, not mine." I put my hands up in defence.

Flynn dropped his jaw. "You're the one who did the dirty work!"

"Yes, but I'm not the one who came up with plan. If we were in court and were going to jail for this, you and Brant would get longer sentences than me because you guys mustered up the plan."

"How do you know that?" Brant asked.

"I watched a lot of Dateline when my parents weren't home."

"And when they were?"

"I read books...and wrote sometimes."

Brant smiled. "You like writing?"

"Yeah, that and music." I admitted and felt my cheeks heating up.

"You sing?" Flynn asked and I nodded.

"I play piano and guitar as well."

"Shut up!" Flynn whispered.

I chuckled. "I do. I taught myself."

"That's even better!" He exclaimed and looked at his father. "Dad, can you imagine Hunter and Reece performing together? Honestly, they would sound so good together."

"You haven't even heard Hunter sing." Liam laughed.

"I don't need to hear her to know she's good." He said, but quickly turned his head towards me and leaned towards my ear. "You're good, right?"

"I'd like to think so."

"I definitely need to hear you sing sometime." Flynn rested his forehead on the counter. "That's a vow I'm making right now."

I smiled. Trent entered the house and Brant quickly took the cross bow off the counter. Liam put on a stern face and started mumbling things like "I'm so disappointed" and "this behaviour is unacceptable" and whatnot.

Trent glared at us. "Why did you guys feel the need to ambush my girlfriend's car with water balloons filled with mayonnaise? Brant, Flynn, you know she hates dairy products."

"And that's exactly why we used mayonnaise." Brant rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers in Trent's direction.

"Besides, you honestly think we care?" Flynn snapped at his brother as he lifted his head. "I don't know how much longer it's going to take you to realize that nobody but you in this house likes her. We're just having some fun, Trent."

"That isn't fun, that's a fucking felony." He growled back. "You're lucky I convinced her not to press charges."

"Boohoo, you saved my life." Flynn gasped dramatically. "Honestly I don't know what I would've done without you, Trent! You're such a lifesaver!"

Trent snarled at his younger brother. "Go to hell, Flynn."

"All right, see you there." Flynn winked and hopped down from the chair, grumbling things to himself as he exited the kitchen.