~Interview~

"No I'm not," my voice quivered.

"What do you mean by that?"

I shook my head, even though I knew she couldn't see me. It was all wrong. I was supposed to stay here until it was time for Taehyung to leave the country. It wouldn't work if I left before him.

"It's probably the shock that is making you speak funny," she thought out loud, "You've waited for this moment the whole time, right?"

She was right. I had waited so long for the day where I can go back to my career. But the day came rather sooner than I hoped for. The timing was all wrong.

"What's the news with Dahye?"

"I really can't hang around for long, Ara. My phone is going crazy with the amount of calls I'm getting. I promise you all will come clear once you get here. I will send a car to pick you up tonight. Bye darling!"

The afternoon went by as a blur and soon darkness had settled down. The villagers were gathered in front of Taehyung's to bid me farewell. In all honesty, I didn't really want to leave. But I didn't tell them that, I had too much pride.

Finally, the car came and I got comfortable inside. My eyes darted everywhere as if I was trying to memorise the village before leaving. In a blink of an eye, I left behind the small village that had hid me well for the last two months.

The next thing I remembered was being woken up by the driver. I took a few clumsy steps out of the car, still dazed from the deep slumber that I had been in for majority of the ride.

In front of me stood a familiar apartment complex. It felt strange standing in front of the building after not seeing it for ages. We went through the revolving doors and entered a brightly lid lobby. I rubbed my eyes to allow it to adjust to the environment as it contrasted with the darkness outside.

Ten minutes later, we had made our way up the lift and were now waiting in front of Miyoung's apartment. After one ring of the bell, she threw the door open so viscously I was worried it might come off its hinges. It was as if she had been waiting for me right behind the door.

"Ohmygoshfinally!"

She grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me into a tight hug. My nostrils were taken over by the strong floral perfume I was oh so familiar with. She quickly shooed away the bellman and dragged me into her lounge, our shoes clanking against the shiny marble flooring.

"I have so much to tell you! I don't even know where to start."

We both sank into the brown leather sofa. She had already prepared a cup of tea for me which I gladly accepted. The small glass coffee table was flooded with newspapers, magazines, her laptop and IPad. I looked at the news article that was open on her laptop screen. It read, The Truth About Korea's Golden Girl. Underneath the photograph was a picture of Dahye.

"How about you start off by explaining what is up with her."

She threw her head back as she let out a witchy laugh before clasping her hands together like an evil mastermind from a movie.

"That girl is in deep waters now. Serves her right. So basically what happened was last week her father was charged with all sorts of corporate frauds. From tax evasion to manipulating sales figures."

That caused me to almost choke on the tea.

"My reaction exactly. Who knew that the country's most respected businessman had such a dirty secret. Turns out all the 'charity' work he does is simply the handiwork of the media. It's all fake."

Dahye's faux pass to fame came from the fact that she was the daughter of such a powerful businessman. Not only was he successful but he was also highly respected because of his humanitarian work. Even if Dahye had nothing to do with his frauds, this scandal would be enough to end her career.