My thoughts on Cursed Child (MAJOR SPOILERS)

So... I read Cursed Child. I got it yesterday in the afternoon and read all night and all morning. I haven't read any opinions about it yet as I want to express my opinion first, so these are fully my feelings about the story and plot.

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ/WATCHED CURSED CHILD YET DON'T READ THIS CHAPTER FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS. SPOILERS. SPOILERS. SPOILERS.

Okay. You have been warned.

First of all, the whole book was amazing! I loved the atmosphere and the way the characters were portrayed. How they react to different things after the war. I loved the way Harry's and Albus' relationship was portrayed and the way he didn't like being Harry Potter's son. I like that he was sorted into Slytherin with Scorpius and the way they became friends. I like the way Draco is more civil with Hermione, Ron and Harry. I also like the rumours about 'Voldemort's son' because the would have probably happened. I love how old characters were brought back. I love the fun Ron who always plays jokes on everybody, the Minister of Magic Hermione, accused of only winning because she's Harry's friend, the scared-to-death Harry of not understanding his son Albus, the still fierce and brave Ginny, who will defend her loved ones from rumours and the protective Draco, trying to keep his son happy. I love the riddles in the bookshelf, which I tried (and succeeded) to solve.

I heard people complain that they feel like it's a fanfiction. I don't think so. You know, I imagine the possibilities of what could have happened with the Next Generation as a list. The "Cursed Child" possibility that's portrayed in this book is a bit further on the list as it's a bit far-fetched, but it's still possible. I like how Rowling showed what Time Turners can do if not used properly. I love the way Jo showed what could have happened if something went wrong.

There's only one thing. I believe that Voldemort could never actually have a daughter as he can't feel love. Even if he did have a daughter, she would not be able to feel love, or any good emotion at all (at least that's what I would have imagined). But this is the art of J.K. Rowling and I believe she wrote it for a reason.

I accept the story as one of the possibilities of what could have happened.

I did also feel that some characters were weirdly portrayed like Snape, but maybe that's how I read it and in the play, it would have been portrayed differently.

I do hope that I will somehow be able to see the actual play as reading the play, I imagined how it would have looked like and I want to see it so so so so much. I bet it's awesome and I'm so jealous of all who actually went to see it.

Tell me in the comments what you thought of the play. Did you like it? Did you hate it? What do you think? I'd love to hear your opinions.

All was well... Or was it?

It was(n't)

Always,
Ria