Paint

A Lionel Messi Oneshot

It was another warm day in Barcelona and I woke up feeling tired as usual. I was used to that feeling, as I had been pregnant for a few weeks now.

Lionel was at training and I had the whole house to myself. I hadn't told Lionel that he was going to be a father yet and I was planning to do it today.

There must be a good way to break the news to him, but I wanted to do something different and creative.

As I walked around the house, I walked passed our storage room, which was big enough to be an actual room.

The walls were bland and boring, as we had never intended to do anything with it, but suddenly an idea came to mind.

Smiling, I quickly started to move all the boxes out of the room. It was hard and tiring and by the end of it, I was sweating everywhere.

Next, I had to clean the room. With the broom in my hand, I set off.

The room was finally spick and span after an hour. Now, I knew I really had to hustle if I wanted the surprise to be complete by the time Leo came home.

There were a few leftover paint tins and they were red and blue. Luckily, those were the exact colours I needed. I started painting the walls.

I had just finished it when the front door opened and Leo came in.

"Laura! I'm home." His voice rang out around the mansion.

I ran to him and I gave him a hug.

"How was training babe?" I asked, while giving him a peck on his cheek.

"It was good,but tough. We have a match coming up soon."

I nodded and started to grab his arm.

"Leo, come on I need to show you something."

He easily conplied and I led him to the ex storage room. His face was shocked by the huge mess I had created, but I hope it was worth it when he saw what was inside. I led him inside and he looked around confused for a while.

"Is your surprise being the storage room is clean?" He asked,while cocking his head to the side.

"Look at the walls." I said, with a small smile.

And nothing in the whole world could compare to Leo's reaction and face in that moment. And as his eyes scanned the words I had painted onto the walls,happiness burst inside of me.

"I'm going to be a dad!?" He shouted, while picking me up and twirling me around.

I nodded and I realised that this was going to be the best 9 months of my life.

Dedicated to my chelsea hoe laura4ramos