Picnic

An Erik Durm One Shot

It was yet another sunny day in the bustling city of Dortmund. I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the small ray of sunshine crept in like a burglar. Erik,my boyfriend's arms were draped lazily around my waist and I smiled at his cute smile on his face.

I slowly tried to get out of his tight grasp,but he resisted so I plopped back down onto the bed.He rubbed his eyes slowly and woke up.

"Hey babe." I said smiling and poking his dimple.

"What day is it?" He asked tiredly.

"Friday."

"Well then i don't have anything on so maybe we could do something?" He suggested.

"Yeah!' I said happily because it had been a long time since both of us had taken some time off our busy schedules and spent time with each other. Sure,we slept together and sometimes I saw him for a few minutes before he had to rush to training.

But it had been a really long time since we hung out together and enjoyed each other's presence.

So i quickly threw on my white dress with my denim jacket that had roses on the sleeves. And he got up of bed and chucked on his white shirt with jeans.

I linked arms with him and we walked out of  our apartment and headed to the nearest park which was about 5 minutes away.

We laughed and talked as we walked with a basket in tow.

Inside the basket were a bunch of delicious food such as spaghetti and tuna sandwiches,which we planned to eat in the park after we had taken a nice walk.

We entered the park and instantly headed to the duck pond,which was possibly the most beautiful part of the park, because there was a bright,blue pond filled with ten ducks who swam around gracefully and waited patiently for people to feed them.

We walked around the pond once,while tearing small bits of bread and throwing them to feed the ducks.

After we had a nice walk,we decided to find a shady place to sit and eat. We found it underneath a tree that had good shade and put all our things there.

We started eating as soon as we sat down because we were so hungry after our walk and the silence was very comfortable.

"So how did you enjoy the walk?" Erik asked with his blue eyes sparkling.

"I did! It's been so long since I've gotten the chance to just sit down and talk. Sometimes it just feels like time goes by too soon and when the day is over, we're already so tired and fall asleep." I said confessing.

A dark storm came over Erik's face and then he sighed. 

"I'm sorry. This is partly my fault,since I'm so busy with my career but I should have known that I  had to spend time with you. You are the most precious thing that has ever came into my life and I haven't appreciated you properly and I'm sorry."

I fell into Erik's arms and stayed there for a while.

a/n hey guys! sorry for not updating for a while but I will be taking requests now so comment down below!