Winner

A James Rodriguez One Shot

It was a sunny and balmy afternoon that left beads of sweat clinging to our bodies but we didn't care. our eyes were trained and focused on the match that was being played in front of us. Loud screams and shouts were heard across the field. I watched anxiously as my boyfriend played on the field.

His eyes were only focused on the ball that was at his feet and his only objective was to get into the goal and score for his country. I bit my nails nervously as he raced across the field.My heart was beating out of my chest and I couldn't even imagine how he must be feeling right now on that pitch.

The time was slowly ticking and we could see how exasperated the players were getting. They needed a goal to win and they all knew it. James stood in the middle and suddenly a shot of energy rushed through him and he stole the ball so quickly,no one could see him.

He sped towards to the goal and at that moment when his foot collided with the ball, I immediately knew it was going to go in and I jumped up and screamed so loudly, I thought the other people standing around me eardrum's burst.

But I didn't care. Euphoria rushed through my veins and  I pumped my fists into the air and shouted along with the rest of the crowd. We did it.

They won the Copa America.

As soon as they let the girlfriends,wives and generally family of the players were allowed onto the pitch, I ran out of my seat and ran out onto the field. I ran straight for the person who made this all possible.

I ran straight into his arms and in that very precise moment, I didn't care who was watching. I kissed my boyfriend full on the lips and even though there were a thousand cameras going off,the only feeling I felt was proudness running through my veins.

I had seen James ever since as a child,he would play and train religiously and it all paid off. He was finally getting the recognition he deserved for doing the one thing he loved doing.

Proud tears sprung to my eyes and I choked back a sob.

"Babe don't cry." James said smiling while using his fingers to wipe away all the tears. I laughed.

"They're all happy tears don't worry." I reassured him.

"I'm so proud of you babe. It's been 20 years ever since you started kicking a ball around and I can't believe you've made it so far in your life. That's why I'm crying. I'm just so proud of you babe."

"Well you do know that none of this could be possible if you weren't there by my side. Cheering me on even as a child,you always came to my matches even if they were far away.

So the only reason I'm even standing on this pitch is because of you."

Dedicated to