Forgetful

An Antoine Griezmann One Shot

It was the day of me and Antoine's 3 years of being married and I woke up feeling refreshed and excited as to what he had planned for me.

I jumped out of the white sheets that covered our king sized bed and instantly the delicious smell of eggs frying  filled the room and I followed the aroma. Antoine was standing over the frying pan and he looked so good there,so I took a sly little picture of him.

I bounded into the room. "Hey babe!" He looked up at the sudden sound and he smiled.

"Hey!" It was really rare that Antoine was home for all our special events. He had missed our first wedding anniversary and had nearly missed our second anniversary. So yes, was I selfish to want him by my side this year?

"Did you have a good sleep?' He asked.

"How could I? Today's such an exciting day." I said happily.

"Huh? Why?" He looked at me confused. I was shocked so I backed away from his embrace. No way. There was no way he would forget  our anniversary would he?

He looked shocked at how quickly I had pulled away from his embrace.

"Babe what's wrong?" He asked. And in that moment, my heart dropped as I realised that this wasn't a joke anymore. Antoine really forgot about or anniversary,

I immediately grabbed my coat that was hanging on the coat rack and glared at him.

"Figure it out on your own asshole! " I spat.

I slammed the door and ran for my car,threw the door open and headed straight for the one place where I knew I would be welcome.

To some people,being best friends with Antoine's teammates was weird but honestly? I didn't really care. I drove straight to Nando's house.

When I got there, I started banging on the door with all my might. After what seemed like a century,he finally opened the door.

"Woah what happened to you?" He asked at the sight of my tear streaked face.

"Antoine fforgot ourr anniversary! " I managed to sob out. Nando immediately looked concerned and wrapped an arm armround me and took me inside.

What I didn't know was while I was sitting by the fireside,trying to calm myself down Nando was on the phone with Antoine.

"Antoine bro you know you messed up right? "

"Huh why?"

"Your wife is literally sitting in my living room crying her eyes out?"

"Really?"

"Did you forget your damn anniversary was today you idiot?!"

The line went silent.

"Shit! I'm such a idiot."

"Yeah,well I'll send her back and you apologize until she forgives you okay? "

With that,Nando hanged up and he drove me back to our apartment.

With trembling hands,I knocked on the door.

Antoine stood there with some roses. "You don't deserve a husband like me, you honestly don't. I'm sorry that I hurt you by forgetting our anniversaryThere's a soule no excuse for my behaviour.  All I can do is ask you to forgive me?

I smiled. "Forgiven."

Dedicated to @PhelpsFeels. Thank you so much for waiting!

ps: I'm back?