Chapter 11

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the crappy updating schedule and how short the chapters are. :/ Can't do much about it though.

Anyway, you don't want to listen to me, you want to read!

HAPPY READING!

ZombiLuva

VYLAD'S POV

Andi's brother led us to a small entrance, ducking in. We followed blindly.

My hand rested on my sword hilt, just making sure nothing took us by surprise.

Travis motioned for us to follow him through a doorway.

We followed him in.

When we stepped in, I looked around.

There was a wooden table that took up the entire center of the room. Maps, notes, and a variety of scattered papers laid across the tattered, wooden surface.

Andi's eyes darted around, studying the room and its belongings.

Travis moved around the table and shuffled through the papers. "You guys are looking for a remedy for this... right?" He held up a picture.

It was a hand drawn picture of the sword that hit Aaron. Its red blade mocked us. The drawing was so realistic, it looked like a photo.

"Yeah..." Andi said softly.

Travis looked over the notes he had taken on that picture. His face paled. "T-this is the one poison that I haven't been able to-"

He didn't have to finish before Andi stormed out angrily.

I sighed. "You haven't been able to find a cure?"

Travis shook his head. "Nope... but I'm almost done with it! I might be able to create an antidote by tomorrow morning."

Travis had a look of sadness cross her face.

I walked over and took a look at his notes and pictures. "You're a good artist." I complimented, looking over the different sword drawings.

Travis smiled. "Thanks. It took me forever to be able to draw like this though."

I smiled softly, looking over the drawings. Garroth had always liked to draw, but I doubt that he had drawn anything in the last few years.

"So..." I started. "You think you could get the antidote by tomorrow morning?"

Travis looked over at a clock on his wall. "Well, it's almost midnight and it would take me a few hours... I could finish by mid-morning, so around 10."

I nodded. "We would have plenty of time to get back then! It doesn't take more than 2 or 3 hours to get here, so we can save him with time still left."

Travis nodded grimly. "But I wouldn't fool around with anything or anyone. The antidote will probably have to be injected into the bloodstream and even then... it'll probably take an hour or two for the antidote to fully clean out the poison."

I nodded. "But that still leaves us plenty of time."

Travis smiled lightly. "Yeah..." He looked down at his papers. "I wish I could have made a better first impression with her... I mean, she is my twin sister..."

I smiled lightly. "Don't worry about your impression with her. Knowing her, she'll blame it on herself because her demon side has been acting up sense they came to the Nether for me. So I wouldn't to be worried if I were you. She's not usually like this."

Travis sighed. "Alright." He looked back down at his sheet. "I'll get working on this right away."

I nodded softly and turned to my accomplice. "Alright... can you go find Andi and... calm her down?"

She nodded. She was about to walk out.

"Wait... I didn't get your name..." Travis said to her.

"The name's Serina." She said softly before walking out.