Chapter 22

Sorry it's a day late! I know, I'm a horrible person. Anyway... enjoy!

YOUR POV

I sat in my hospital bed, bored. There was nothing to do here!

Garroth had left to get some breakfast, even though it was already 10 or so.

I sat silently, looking over the room, studying it.

It was all white and cream colored, a typical hospital room. It had a sink and several counters, a couch, a few chairs and a round table.

As I looked around, I felt a gnawing pain in the back of my head.

I know I've been in a hospital before. This hospital... but when?

I thought about what Garroth had told me. Maybe I was here when I had the twins? Or maybe I landed in the hospital before that...

The opening of the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

Garroth walked in, carrying two trays of food.

I looked at him. "Hey Garroth...?"

He set the two trays down before looking at me. "Yeah?"

I thought for a moment. "Tell me about when I was in the hospital."

His eyes widened. "You remember that?"

I frowned, confused. "Well you told me I had the twins in a hospital..."

Garroth sighed, a small trace of disappointment in his eyes. "Well, before you had the twins, you did end up in the hospital..."

I frowned. "What happened?"

So Garroth launched into a story about how I fell off the horse we were riding because I had fainted. A small smile was on his lips the entire time.

I smiled softly. I wish... I wish I could remember.

I watched and listened to Garroth as he told the story.

I laughed at some of the stuff he told me, like he had been so scared, he stayed where I had fallen for at least ten minutes, freaking out about me, before he actually brought me to the hospital.

I smiled when he finished. "We had quite the adventure then..."

Garroth chuckled. "That we did..."

By now, it was at least 11:30.

I smiled softly. "Thanks for telling me..." I said softly. "I'm hungry..." My stomach growled loudly and I blushed.

Garroth chuckled lightly. "Yeah... here..." he handed me one of the trays.

I laughed lightly. "Garroth! It's almost lunch..."

Garroth grinned sheepishly. "Yeah well... I had it ready before you started asking me questions."

I stuck my tongue out at him playfully before taking a bite.

-soon-

My stomach thanked me for the meal. I smiled gratefully at Garroth. "Okay... so-"

The door of my room opened softly and a little boy's head peeked in. "Mommy?"