Chapter 19

APHMAU'S POV

I was tired of crying, but I couldn't help it.

Aaron was dying, and in pain, but there was nothing I could do. He risked his life for us and now he was paying the price for my mistake.

I shouldn't have been such a scaredy-cat. I should have joined the fight with him but I freezed up.

"You can't die." I whispered through my tears, my head resting on his chest.

His breathing was staggered and he would every now and then have a pained look on his face.

I bit my lip. It was no use wiping away my tears or trying to act strong. I knew new tears would replace the old. "Aaron..." I whispered. "Don't leave me. Don't leave me alone."

GARROTH'S POV

I headed back to the portal. I had to get Laurence. I had already brought (Y/N) back to Phoenix Drop, careful to where I put my hands, knowing she'd appreciate it when she woke up in the morning.

I smiled at the thought of seeing her warm red eyes again. I sighed as I walked over to Laurence. I knelt down next to him. "Laurence. Wake up you big lug. I don't want to have to drag you back to Phoenix Drop." I mumbled to him.

There was no reply.

I sighed. "You owe me for this." I mumbled as I slumped his body onto my back and started walking back towards town.

His feet dragged lightly on the ground.

I took a couple breaks along the way.

When we finally made it to the village, I half expected him to pop right up, say 'thanks for the ride back' and walk off. But he didn't move.

I rolled my eyes. "You so owe me." I mumbled as I started my way toward his and Andi's place.

I put him down on the couch, to lazy to carry him to their room.

I sighed. "Your lucky we're friends." I mumbled before walking out and heading back to our house.

(Y/N) was resting in our bed, still out cold.

I smiled and sat down next to her. I pushed her bangs out of her face lightly and kissed her nose. "I'm a lucky man." I said softly with a grin.

I waited a few more minutes to see if she would wake up. Eventually, I stood up and walked out of our room. I walked downstairs and out of the house. I started over to Aphmau's house.

I walked in and immediately headed up to Aphmau's room, where Aaron was. I knocked softly. "Lord Aphmau?"

Sniffling came from behind the door. "Y-yes?"

"Can I come in?"

Aphmau gave a small 'yes' and I walked in.

Aphmau's eyes were puffy and red. Her face was dry now, but tears were welled up in her eyes.

I walked over and I hugged her.

Aphmau's eyes widened in surprise before she hugged me back and the waterworks started.

This was my fault. Aaron wouldn't have gotten hurt if we had never gone to the Nether. No one would have gotten hurt. No one would be dying. No one would have had to be worried.

Aphmau wouldn't be crying.