Chapter 37 (First Date)

Chapter 37

(If you want to know what happned the day after their date, then read the 'Extra Chapter: Cupid to the rescue' which will be in Kailah's POV (: )

Ian's POV

Stealing a glance to the passenger side, I can't help but feel like I'm the luckiest man on earth. And for the life of me, I still can't figure out what I possibly did in my past life for God to allow me to be with a very amazing, forgiving and beautiful girl.

Seeing her smile and glow beside me, I studied the way her long dark hair framed her beautiful face, the natural light gave me the exclusive chance to see the gold flecks hiding beneath her unique green eyes, and those pink, soft lips which were lifted at both sides...all the while managing not to crash the truck into a tree.

That smile that she sported could instantly make me do a smile of my own simply because of the fact that she's happy with me.

I can't count how many times Kailah has cried because of me but I'm so glad she still wanted to be my girlfriend. The two weeks that we were apart were literally the worst weeks of my life. Believe me, I hated how being without her felt that the first thing I did when I arrived home was jump into my truck and visit her only to be stopped by my mom who opened the driver's door and pull the handbreak WHILE it was running. Yeah, crazy but that's my mom for you. After that crazy stunt, my mom wasted no time and scolded me right then and there, ignoring the incredulous look I was giving her.

She made me explain my rash behavior which I did, blushing the whole time. I told her how I met Kailah, how at first she hated my guts she'd squeal ecstatically if she had been given the chance to gouge my eyes out with my stares, how she gave me a chance at becoming friends, how we quickly grew closer that we were inseparable until she started avoiding me like I was some contagious disease, to the time where I forced a kiss on her. I told my mom about how I made Kailah cry countless times, especially that night we finally got together and that time at the beach to which she smacked me upside my head telling me it's never gentlemanly to make women cry, to our goodbye where we decided to venture the infamous long distance relationship. And though it was nerve wracking to admit all of it, I would never be embarrassed of spilling it all to my mom or to anybody else because it got Kailah and I together.

After I told my mom everything, I felt relieved to see the joy in my mom's face. She was happy for me but she still did not let me visit Kailah for two whole weeks, telling me something very important came up.

I argued about how Kailah is very important to me too but after she explained what it was, I understood. I guess my lucky stars were using the juices that they've saved up usefully.

A gentle tug to my right hand jolted me out of my reverie. Making a quick glance to my right side, I saw Kailah's questioning gaze at me and I could not help the blush the crept up my face. "You know...I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes. I don't know what the road ever did to you but you have been eyeing it to death."She stated, the corners of her mouth quirking.

Glancing back towards the road and forcing my flushed face to cool down, I flashed her an amused grin as I looked fleetingly at her. "Seeing as I am driving, I don't see what's wrong with focusing on the road. Or do you prefer I stare at you while we test how good I am at blind-driving?...You know what, I think I will do just that." I said with the most serious voice I could muster up without letting the amusement leak through as I started doing what I just said, turning my body to the side so it faced my girlfriend who looked like she was on the verge of falling off a cliff with her eyes both wide as saucers and her jaw slacked.