F & D • 1 • Temporary Relations

Roman

"You gonna' tell me where we're going, now?" I smirked looking out of the window of Drake's Rolls Royce. We'd been driving for a couple of hours and the only scenery to admire was the snow dusted oak trees that lined the perimeter of the asphalt trail that we followed. Nightfall was among us and there were no other cars on the road. The only light being emitted was from the headlights reflecting on ice. I pressed my gloved hand against the cold glass in awe at how relaxing the ride was. I felt like a kid on a field trip and my excitement kept me awake.

"You can't just enjoy the ride without asking so many questions?" He chuckled.

"Sorry," I blushed. "I'm a little anxious,"

He smiled and reached over resting his hand on my thigh. I tensed up and my gaze dropped from the window to his hand. He didn't ask to invade my personal space but somehow, I didn't mind it. My brain began working double time. Was he interested in me? He couldn't be. We've hung out a lot lately but he's never made an advance so assuming that he was interested was a reach.

I could feel my heart beating at an unbelievably fast pace, my hands were clammy producing moisture in the palm of my gloves. I was lightheaded then I took a deep breath. I didn't want to seem nervous so I continued our small talk.

"Sooo, is that a no? You're not going to tell me? Because I'm starting to feel like I'm being kidnapped," I was only half joking.

"It's only considered kidnapping if you said no," He squeezed the thickest portion of my thigh before drawing his hand back. "We'll be there in an hour,"

I nodded and remained silent for the rest of the commute. After fighting it for so long, I finally dozed off. When I awoke from my brief slumber, we were pulling up to a large cabin.

The passenger side door clicked and opened with Drake reaching for my hand to help me out

The passenger side door clicked and opened with Drake reaching for my hand to help me out. I took it lifting my body from my seat. The twelve degree weather hit my skin immediately. It reminded me of the cold nights back home in Jersey. I shivered letting go of his hand wrapping my arms around my chest.

"What's this?" I asked staring at the beautifully decorated landscape of wood and brick.

"I know you've been stressed out lately. I figured I'd get you away from everybody for a little while,"

"Well that was thoughtful of you," I cheesed harder than I intended to. "Is anyone else here?"

He shook his head no. "Just us, or just you. I don't have to stay,"