I'm missing more than just your body

Julian's mind was constantly wondering about Ashley, ever since they began talking years ago not once had a day passed that they had not talked to each other. Ashley had not responded to his calls or text for 2 days now and it worried him , he knew things had been changing between them but not to this extent.

Julian didn't want to think that his girlfriend would ever leave him but yet he couldn't shake the feeling that her heart didn't belong to him. He sighed as the thoughts became too much to bear any longer and looked up to see his best friend Tom Brady staring down at him in concern.

"Ashley still hasn't talked to you"? He asked already knowing the answer but not knowing how else to start a conversation.
"Naw not yet" Julian responded looking down at his phone hoping that that would change.
Tom sighed before running his fingers through his hair "women are hard to understand" he said making both men laugh.
"That's the truth" Julian said still with a chuckle.
"In all seriousness though Jules don't worry about it , she will talk to you when she's ready too" Tom offered putting a hand on Julian's shoulder.
A nod was the only response he received before they got back to playing football.

------------------------------------

Rob had not talked to Ashley in 2 days and he didn't know how to feel about the situation any more. He knew he still loved her and after their one night stand (that's what he was calling it) he missed her even more. He knew that what he was feeling was wrong in so many ways, he had a chance with her in the past but screwed it up and now she is with one of his best friends not to mention that Julian wanted to make her his wife. The thought of Ashley marrying Julian broke his heart; they may not be together but dammit he loved her just as much as Julian. With that thought he knew he had to go see her before Julian came back home.

-------------------------------------

For the past 2 days Ashley had been laying in bed crying, she dreamed of nothing else but Julian walking out on her and never talking to her again. Her voice was horse from all the crying she had been doing and it didn't help that when her tears seemed to stop that Julian would call or text her making her cry again.
Ashley knew she had to be honest with Julian , if she had any hopes of them still being together she knew it would have to start with her telling him the truth. Julian would be home in a day and she was dreading it , it would break his heart , he would never fully trust her again , and the thought of him leaving her was a constant thought.

-----------------------------------

Rob pulled up to Julian and Ashley's house , he stared at the house that they had bought together and for the first time since he realized his love for Ashley he regretted doing this to Julian. Here in front of him stood a house that belonged to a happy couple that was suppose to be his friends but here he was wanting to tear down that foundation that they had and make one himself with the girl he loved that belonged to someone else. It sounded like a crappy love story to him but he made his choices and would stand by them.

Getting out of his car Rob went up and knocked on the door, he stood there he knew for at least 10 minutes with no answer. He knew Ashley was home because her car was in the driveway , he wasn't going to leave without talking to her so using the key that Julian gave him he unlocked the door.
It looked like no one had been home for days as he looked at the kitchen and living from.
"Ashley" he shouted waiting for a response. "Ashley we need to talk" he tried again but still no answer.
He walked up the stairs looking in each room trying to find her and just as he was about to give up and go home he found her in their bed. "Ashley?" he spoke softly when she glanced up at the sound of the door opening. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. They had just seen each other 2 days ago but she had tear stains running down her face, bags under her eyes and he could tell she had not had anything to eat. "Ashley what's wrong" he asked picking her up in his arms and taking her downstairs to eat.
Through her tears she muttered "Julian is going to leave me" and just like that everything Rob had been planning on saying went out the door and his heart shattered.