mind your business

Ashley had decided to give Julian another chance, she wanted to be with Rob but she also wanted her family to be together.
Julian was still passed out on the couch when she woke up the next morning "Julian" she said pushing his arm. "What" He mumbled sleepily. "You need to get up and eat something before you have to go to practice" Ashley replied watching him sit up and put his head in his hands immediately.
"Fuck i've got a headache" he muttered. "Figures after you drank so much that Rob had to bring you back home" she said while walking in the kitchen to get him some tylenol. "So does that mean you had sex with him again? Should Meaghan be expecting A sister or brother"? He scoffed. Walking over to the man she once loved she thrusted the Tylenol and water at him before starting breakfast with her daughter in her arm.

--------------------------------------------------

After a silent breakfast Julian had taken a shower and was now getting ready to leave to go to practice. He watched as Ashley held their daughter as she fed her and he remembered what he had said to her earlier making him feel guilty. "I'm sorry about earlier" he said walking up behind her making her freeze. "I know you don't think I mean it but I am sorry" he continued before kissing her cheek. "I'll be home later" he finished and without waiting for a reply he left.

-----------------------------------------------

Practice was getting more tense as the days passed with Julian and Rob shooting glares at each other every chance they got. It made things difficult for their teammates who didn't want the other to think they were choosing sides so finally they decided to just not talk to either one.

----------------------------------------------

After practice Julian stopped by the grocery store to buy some beer where to his annoyance he noticed Rob had followed him. When Julian reached to pick up a case of beer Rob put his arm out stopping him "Ashley and Meaghan don't need you drinking" he said and Julian scowled at him "you sure do seem to know a lot about what they need" he said turning towards Rob. "You should know what they need. She's your daughter and Ashley is your girlfriend even though you don't deserve them" he said taking a step closer to Julian.
"Why don't you mind your own fucking business, we were doing just fine until you made her cheat on me." Julian said he too taking a step closer to Rob making them now stand chest to chest in front of each other.
"I'm not going to mind my business when you're going home drunk to the girl I love and your daughter" Rob said. They glared at each other before Julian pushed him and they started to fight, fist flew and connected to face and chest and ribs a few bones cracking under the assault.

-----------------------------------------------

Ashley had been taking a nap when her phone rang waking her up. "Hello" she answered sleepily.
"Hey Ashley it's me Rob , uh me and Julian got in a fight and we're in jail" he quickly said and Ashley looked at her phone disbelieving but when she noticed he called from an unknown number she knew he had to be telling the truth. "The police officer said that I can be released immediately if someone comes to pick me up but Julian has to stay overnight because he was drunk" he continued when Ashley had not said anything. "I'll be there" was all she said before the call ended shortly after.