Ch 15: Surrender

(unedited)

Alex's pov

"I'm the Phoenix."

The entire gym was quiet but my mind was screaming. 

Nichole was the Phoenix?!

I looked at her and  she pointed to a random computer. I slowly turned around to see what she wanted to show me. I saw as the screen changed from a camera view into a black background with white letters.

I'LL EXPLAIN LATER 

I looked back at her and she gave me an apologetic smile. 

"The Phoenix? As in the hacker?" said the first more cheerful guy. 

"Oh so you know about me..." 

That's when I zoned out. Nichole was the Phoenix?! Nichole was the Phoenix...Nichole was THE PHOENIX!!

How-when-what-AGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

My head was spinning. How was she the Phoenix?! Nichole was downstairs in the waiting area the whole time Amy was being kidnapped! But Nichole entered the building after me and Phoenix left before me...so....

But then how did she not know Amy? Nichole always pretended to be a nerd....but her real personality was very different....which meant that she was pretty good at acting.....so....

But Nichole doesn't know hacking! But she does find this class boring.....as if she knew a lot about a computer.....so

Nichole really is the Phoenix? I mean, her voice over a microphone does sound just the same as Phoenix's did in the earpiece. And she is hacking right in front of me. But Nichole....? I guess it made sense....Nichole was super kind, almost selfless, just like Phoenix. 

So Phoenix was Nichole and Nichole was Phoenix. 

O-kay. That's done. 

"ALEXANDER CARTER!" I snapped out of reverie as the grumpy guy spoke my name again. "Come in here right now!"

"That's not a good idea, students." said Nichole, "I know this guy wants you to go him, but don't listen to him. Nichole Rider and Alex Carter, please make your way back to the classroom. No matter what this guy says, ignore him. And don't worry. I have all the hallways of this building under surveillance, you two are perfectly safe." 

And just with that, she let the whole school think that she is not the Phoenix. This girl was good.

"Phoenix," said the first guy, "Won't you please let Alexander here?"

Will they stop calling me that? I hate it when people say my full first name. 

"Nope, but since you asked nicely, I'll let you off the hook."

What hook?

"Turn around, men."

I looked at the projector as they turned around to see the mark of Phoenix being projected to the plain wall of the gym. On it were ten columns, one of them was completely blurred, but the rest of them were profiles. They had a picture at the top, name, birthday, nationality, residence, everything was displayed. "This," Phoenix said, "is all of your life information. The blurred column, is Pete's column, I'll let his information be a secret since he's polite. But Harry, on the other hand, is rude therefore, I'll let him suffer more." The wall's projection changed. And random picture's started showing up. "If you don't want your mobile pictures to be shown to the students in that gym, please hurry up and put down your gun," she grinned mischievously. 

I know Phoenix is not someone I want to mess with. I definitely know Nichole is not to be angered. Both of them mixed into one person is definitely not someone I want to be on the bad side of.