Ch 22: Blood

(unedited)

Alex's pov

The moment I reached home, I did a victory dance(not literally). I was one step closer to being with Nichole. Which reminds me, I forgot to ask her if I could call her Nicky. Oh, well, I finally got her to 'trust' me. Which is the same thing as getting her to pay attention to my very existence. But you know.

I said goodnight to Amy, and went to sleep. For the first time in a long time, I was actually hoping the weekend would get over quickly.

The first day of the week, no matter where you are in the world, is something nobody likes. But In was loving it, Because I would finally see Nichole again after two days. TWO WHOLE DAYS. Do you know how long that was? It was like being lifeless for an entire weekend. God, having a crush on someone is such a big hassle.

But even though I got to see her, I didn't get to talk to her. Because Nichole was (as always) putting up the facade of being a friendless nerd.

Nonetheless, I was walking down the hall to go to the cafeteria during recess. When I passed the library, something grabbed my sleeve and I was pulled inside. That 'something' turned out to be Nichole.

"Sorry, I pulled you without warning, I didn't want anyone to see me."

I was more amazed by the fact that she did pull me. Willingly. By herself. Into a closed room. Okay, I need to stop.

"Don't worry about it. So how may I be of service?"

She put a finger on her chin, clearly pretending to think. "Hm, well, maybe you could get me a champagne?"

I grinned, and held my hand out to her, pretending to hold an invisible tray. "Well, here you go, m'lady. And here's a special set of chips; they're on the house."

We both chuckled together, keeping our voices low since we were in a library. I loved going with her sarcastic and playful flow. And the slightly flushed face of hers when she's chuckling. How she subconsciously puts a closed fist to her mouth, trying not to be rude.

"No but seriously. I was wondering if you're free this Friday evening. The squad wanted to throw you a welcome party."

I was taken aback. "hey don't really have to."

She pulled on her I know right face, "I know, but I think they just want a reason to be festive."  

Oh, well. Okay then. "Sure, I'll make sure to leave my schedule open."

She nodded. "Great, well then, you can continue going wherever you were going, and I can continue updating my laptop while pretending to do homework."

Awwww, already? Wait, updating her laptop..? "Nichole, how do you have time to do your homework?" She's the leader of a squad, she's the country's favorite hacker, how does she do it?

She shrugged. "Unlike you, I don't procrastinate, so.."

Oh yeah...That is a very big problem isn't it?

"Well, see you."

I wanted to stop her but I was too mesmerized by the fact that she actually said 'see you'. I smiled, best day ever.

Towards the end of recess, I saw Nichole enter the cafeteria, she probably wanted something to eat, although it was too late for that. Nichole was about to pass out table to get to the counter, when Natalie suddenly gasped. 

"OUCH!" She made it so loud, I couldn't help but look at her, just like the few tables around us.

"What happened," asked someone on the table.

She held up her hand, "I got a paper cut." For a paper cut, it was bleeding a lot. Then there was a loud crash. We all turned towards the sound, and saw that Nichole had dropped her tray, and her apple rolled away. She was staring at Natalie's hand with wild, unfocused eyes. A thought suddenly occurred to me.

WASN'T NICHOLE AFRAID OF BLOOD?!?!

I got up in alarm, not sure what to do. Nichole suddenly grabbed her head and screamed at the top of her lungs, silencing everyone in the place. Some teachers found their way to her, just as I was pushing through he crowd too. But before anyone could reach her, Nichole lost her balance and fell to the ground.

Author's note: Sorry this chapter is a filler, but it's kind of important so..