Chapter 1

Skye and Tyra above

"Ms. Layne? Ms. Layne?"

After two more minutes, I finally lifted my head and clicked the flashing button on my office phone.

"Yes Selene?"

"There's a Ms. Luciano on the line for you"

"Okay, thanks"

There was a beep once my assistance put through the call.

"I had to wait 5 long minutes before you decide to take my call?"

"I was resting, my bad. What time is it?"

I took a glimpse at the digital desk clock my sister had given to me almost a year ago.

"It's 12:15pm and you had promised to take the time to meet and catch up on a few things"

"Oh yeah.. That. Uhm, ok. Lola's in a few?"

"Yeah, sure. And Skye?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't have me waiting"

I laughed and hung up and started clearing my desk of it's contents.

"Hello Ms. Layne"

I smiled and looked up to see Damion, my co-worker, standing by my office door, staring me down.

"Hello Mr. Pryce"

"How're you?"

"I'm good. Just packing up. About to step out of the office"

"You're busy"

"Always Damion, you know it too"

He smiled and shook his head, still staring.

"You look good today Skye"

"Thanks"

I blushed. I liked the 10 pounds of compliment everyday. Damion does look fine, well, he doesn't just look fine, he is fine, and then some.

"You look good yourself"

"I know"

"You're so full of it"

I scoffed and shook my head then went on to packing my bag. I changed my heels to my fast flats, I was in for a lot of walking. I looked at my wrist watch and hurried out with Damion behind me.

"Have a good time"

"I will"

He turned in his office as I made my way to the elevator, fussing with my bag.

I arrived at Lola's just a few minutes late, ordered a muffin and latte and took a seat by the window, waiting for Sade to arrive.

*************

I arrived home at about 10:30pm, beat, with a doggy bag for my Shih Tzu, Loyalty. After work, Sade and I met up with my older sister Tyra for dinner then a movie and did some extra catching up. I couldn't wait to draw myself a warm bath with a glass of Alize and set my Keyshia Cole on my IPad. I went to the bedroom and began undressing before my full length mirror. With each piece of garment that fell to the floor, I gently rubbed the area it fell from for about 5 seconds, each with a sigh. My memories of Josh, my ex, were haunting me. But, he's history now, have been for 3 years, but why was he still so fresh in my mind? I swear, it was how we'd make love.