Chapter 11

Jenay and Skye's night out

"Skye, what're we wearing to your brunch Sunday?"

"All White Tyra. Remind me again why you're coming?"

She walked out of my bedroom rubbing her tummy and rolled her eyes at me. It was already Saturday and we had just gotten in from the mall. I went to shop for a white outfit for the brunch Mrs. Eddie was hosting and something formal for the Awards Ceremony Mrs. Bryant's hosting.
Sade couldn't make it today cause she had to take Jo-Anna to her mom's house and drive up North to meet up with her lawyer, so we decided to cancel the shower till next weekend. She had company for the drive though, her new beau. It was about time she hooked up with someone, though she still thinks it's too early for a new relationship, as Jo was just eleven months old. But since she's met him, Jordan's been head over heels for her and Jo, and is there whenever she calls. The last two days of my work week went awesome, Tyler took Mel over yesterday and we had a lovely dinner, I swore she slipped and called me mommy, maybe I was just thinking too deep, and she probably said something else, but I was in too deep. Tyler took us back to that garden, Mel was familiar with the place, he's been taking her since the death of his wife, it was really gorgeous, with pine trees and flowers of all sorts, I had this different feel about him, something deeper, more intimate. I was in love. He made me so happy. It's almost 6 months since we've hooked up and I haven't given in to sex and that was just fine by him, we did make out, and several times almost lost it, but I decided I'd hold out for a bit longer so it's extra special! Listen to me! I felt like fifteen again. It was nearing the holidays and that meant I was turning twenty six soon and I had no idea how that would've been spent. I figured Tyler would've done something wild, or big, I was so anxious to see what was planned.

"Excuse me?"

"Why are you coming Tyra?"

"Because me and your boss go way back"

"Right"

"It's true"

"Whatever"

I was making sandwiches for myself and Tyra when I heard the doorbell. Amy came by. She was happy, her marriage was working out and she was trying her best to stay within her relationship. That was great, I was really proud. She also had some exciting news, they were expecting. We all sat and and talked about everything we could till it was 5pm. Amy left for home, but Tyra decided she was spending the night with me as she would've been tagging along tomorrow at the brunch.

 Amy left for home, but Tyra decided she was spending the night with me as she would've been tagging along tomorrow at the brunch

 I got ready and head out to get to Jenay's to help her get together for the dinner tonight. We pulled up at Dana's at 7:45pm, we both wore black tonight with light makeup. The place wasn't that crowded when we got there, so we had a waiter take us to a table for two in the back