Chapter 3

Friday morning at 9, I rushed into my office, nearly tripping over the telephone directory I didn't see, I was way too focused in my work on the tablet I usually have with me at work. As I waked in the office, my assistant came in not long after. Running. Almost on top of me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, would you?'

"I'm so sorry Ms. Layne. Good morning'

I smiled at her thin skin, and sipped my Latte"

"Good morning Selene"

"You've got a message"

" So early? Who's it from?"

I went to my desk and took a seat, before she started, I turned on my PC and waited for it to load so I could start my day.

"Your sister, she called from the airport. She was just about to board her flight"

SHIT!

"Damn! I missed that. What time was that?"

"Half an hour ago ma'am"

Was I really looking like shit today? Was I looking that old?

'Ms. Layne, please. Ma'am is what I call my 80 year old neighbor"

"I'm sorry...Ms. Layne"

"Would that be all Selene?"

"Yes, that's it"

"Ok, thanks. You're good to go now"

"Sure"

She packed up a little booklet, memo pad looking, and headed for the door. I turned and saw some files I felt too lazy to sort"

"Wait. Before you go, take these ad have them sorted please. Thank you"

I took up the files and handed them to her, giving her details and  listing instructions thoroughly. After, she turned and left out the door. I had some extensive work to be done for my boss, that I needed to catch up on before she caught up on my ass. I had finished my latte and went to fetch another. As the Friday afternoon wound down, work got lighter and man was I happy!

At around 4:15, Tyra phoned my cell sounding extremely excited. But of course, she's married, pregnant and currently in the Caribbean.. Where was I? At work, still waiting on a man and the total opposite of pregnant." She and Lloyd were checking in, while going on and on about the people, their accents, the fashion, the food, the beautiful hotel -Surfsong Villa Resort-. I so envy her right now... The whole works, and I'm listening tentatively.

I spun around in my swivel chair, facing my computer, and who do I see in one of my chairs? Mr. Pryce, and he's smiling away. I figured he must've been there about five minutes. I smiled at him then motioned him to get out of my office but he didn't move. After a few minutes, I sent my love to Tyra, then hung up, stared straight in Damion's face and told him to get his ass up out my chair and leave. Now I knew damn well he wasn't gonna leave and I knew I was being rude, but I didn't care. I just wanted him out before something I'd regret happened.. He offered me a ride home, but I rejected twice, but, of course, he insisted until I gave in.

At about 6:30pm, we packed up and left the office, he took me straight home, in a somewhat awkward silence. I mean, it's not like we haven't been together alone before, but these days his interest in me has peaked, at its highest. We arrived at my house at 7:40pm, and I would have invited him in, but I didn't want coffee making turn into anything else so I got my ass out his car.

" Thank you Mr. Pryce"

"Always a pleasure doing good by you Skye"

"Oh, yeah?"