Chapter 8

Tyra and Lloyd above

My week with Jo-Anna went smoothly. She's such a good baby, makes me want one so badly. Her mom went out of Town for two days to seminars as well as to speak with Lawyers about Jo's dead beat dad. We spent our days at home mostly. Tyler would leave his office whenever he had the time and visit, taking gifts and most importantly, food. Amy visited and told me her and Terry were seeing a counselor to sort out their marriage and that she cut Marcus off as she needed to do better. Terry told her he wanted a baby so I guess that's good. On Friday I took my Uber to Maddison Place to see Mel, my friend I haven't seen in ages. We caught up in the garden at the manor over a small picnic. All this time Jo-Anna was being an angel and getting much better with the medication. She had been teething so got a bit miserable sometimes, nothing I couldn't manage though. Tyler had taken Melonie over on Saturday so I could take her to church. I surely got my share of 'baby momma' comments that day.Abbie's mom dropped in Thursday morning after Tyra left, saying she was just 'checking' up on me, when I knew she really came to find out whose car was in my driveway the other night till late. I tell you, she really had an issue, always in people's business. So, I'm back at the office and piled with paper work and appointments. Interviews to schedule, calls to make. The whole work. Today's gonna be a long, hectic day.Tyra called on my lunch hour, mad as ever. She was furious about something, that cannot be good.

"Skye, I'm so fu-ughh!! I'm so freakin mad"

"Tyra, honey, I'm really busy. Can't this wait till later?"

"Hell no!"

"I'm getting ready for a meeting with the board committee Tyra, I can't even finish lunch"

"They could be the fucking Prime Minister, I don't give a shit"

Where are Tyra's friends? is it really just me and Sade? She was really heated and I would be in flames if I didn't stop to listen, but I had already missed a lot at work last week so I decided to take a chance and do the meeting instead

"Tyra, gotta go. I'll stop by your place later this evening. Later, love you"

"Skye Lay-"

I cut her off and placed my phone in my desk drawer and headed to the conference room with a cup of Latte in my hand. The meeting went well, I met with a few clients right after and dealt with some extra paperwork with Selene until it was time to go.

                                                                                *                 *                  *

After work, I called an Uber to take me to Tyra's. She needed to talk to me earlier but I had just gotten the chance to hear her out. When the driver dropped me at the house, I saw Lloyd walking to his truck with a packed travelling bag, looking rather upset. I went over to the van, just as he got there and asked what happened, but I guess he was playing the 'silent' game. I walked to the house in a fast pace to see Tyra standing in the living room, hands akimbo. I was confused and had a bit of a headache. I've never actually seen them like this before, to the point where Lloyd was packing. When he stepped in the house, to get more stuff I presume, things got intense

"Ok, can someone please tell me what on Earth is going on?"

"He's getting out of here tonight"

"Why??"

"Let him tell you, since he's so big and fucking bad"

She rolled her eyes and I slowly turned to face a now red and steaming Lloyd, then placed my bags in the sofa. I took a deep breath. This is bad

"What happened Lloyd?"

"Your sister-"

"What about me Lloyd?!"