Capítulo Cinco.

NOTE: This now takes place on the same timeline as The Ruthless Mafia.

Reese Witherspoon as Tiana Mowry

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Cinco

"What?"

I narrowed my eyes at the man in question. I don't believe a word that just came out of his mouth. I looked around at everyone and they seemed bewildered by what Derek Morgan, NYPD's best detective just said.

Morgan sighed and looked at me. "All the evidence points to him. I mean, no one else could've killed Xiomara." He said as he pointed to each article of proof on the bulletin board. "All of this states that your mother's killer," He turned to Micah who was staring in shock. "Is Ramone Vega."

"Who is that?" Maddy asked and we turned to her in unison, appalled that she doesn't know about Ramone. "Ramone Vega is the son of Ramiro Valentin Vega, the first head of the Spanish mafia. When Ramiro was killed by another head, Ramone took over and split the mafia in half so he and his brother could both be mafia bosses." Morgan explained and my eyes widened. I had never seen Ramone in pictures or in person but you knew who he was by what he did.

"Whose his brother?" Maddy questioned again and the gears in my head slowly started turning. "Don't tell me..." I trailed off. Morgan sighed as he moved pictures around on the board. "The brother of Ramone Vega," He pointed to a picture on the wall and my heart clenched. "Is Raymundo Vega." I let out a sigh and looked away from the picture.

I had known what I was getting into by sleeping with him, but I had no clue that I was sleeping with the brother of the person who killed my best friend's mom.

"Hey, isn't that the guy we saw at the club the other night?" Micah spoke up, not wanting to believe what he just heard. "Um, yeah I think so." I stated, not wanting to believe it either. I had a feeling the man that I was sleeping with was someone I should be wary of. Damn. I knew we shouldn't have left the house yesterday. Why didn't I listen to my gut feeling? Yes, the sex was mind blowing and I wouldn't mind doing it again, but knowing this sort of broke my heart.

"Are you sure he's the one who killed Xiomara McKenna?" I asked, not seeing how he had a vendetta against Micah's mother.

"Yeah. From what you told me, Xiomara hadn't had any enemies and from the search of her office that we did last week, we found evidence that we didn't see the first time."

"This blows." I sighed as I thumped my head against the wall. "You're the one who went all macho on us saying how there could be clues we didn't see the first time. Well good news. We already went through the same procedure the first time so don't expect anything new to pop up." Morgan rolled his eyes as he fixed his gun holster.

I felt something on my head and reached my hands towards it. "Wait, why is my forehead peeling? Wait, that's not my skin." I peeled off the substance from my forehead. "It's mud, but where would it be coming from?" I asked and my eyes widened in realization as I stared at the wall before me.

There was something off about this wall and I intended to figure it out. "Morgan, give me the UV light and shut off the lights real quick." I demanded and Morgan did just that.

I turned on the UV light and put it against the wall to reveal a large footprint. Morgan walked over beside me and stared at the print evident on the wall. "Well, I say that has to be the footprint of the killer because he and Xiomara were the only ones in this room and her foot is too small to fit that." Morgan said and he took measurements and pictures for evidence. "Wait, there's something else too." Micah said and peered into the wall to see a red dot, almost laser-like. He looked back and forth between the desk and the wall to see it mirroring the picture frame of Micah, Maddy and I.