Capítulo Veintiseis.

ONE CHAPTER LEFT. (Play song when this dash - appears)

It is sad to love someone. It is even more sad when you know that they're all you need.

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Veintiseis

"Hey Derek, if you and Ray so called broke up, why are you still wearing the ring?"

I hissed as Micah's voice revertebrated in my ear and whirled around to look at him. "I uh," I scratched the back of my neck, looking for a way out of this conversation. "And even if you're broken up, you're technically still married to him. John married you guys, didn't he?" Micah folded his arms, looking into my eyes for the answers.

I narrowed my eyes and let out the most loud sigh in the world. "You've got to be kidding me." I'm still married to him, even if I try to avoid the concept at hand.

"I mean, if you were so called over him, you would've gave him back the ring or tossed it somewhere else. Why go through all that trouble to keep it, knowing that it caused you all that pain. You said it yourself. You still have that image of walking in on them roasting the broomstick." He groaned.

"Roasting what?"

He smacked his teeth while rolling his eyes. "You know, hiding the beef in the bush, stuffing the turkey, bedroom rodeo, that sort of thing?" He cocked his head at me like I was stupid and I should've known what he was talking about.

He was the stupid one.

"God, you're so crude. How does Ramone deal with you?" I declared, snorting a bit when he looked at me like I was stupid. "You're the crude one out of both of us and he deals with me just fine, if I might add." He chuckled a bit, running a hand through his hair. "Don't try to change the subject on me." He thrust a finger in my face as he glared at me.

"What are your plans with Raymundo?" He asked and I widened my eyes a bit, pretending like I didn't know what he was talking about. Maybe he would just forget about the whole situation and talk about something else. "What are you talking about?" I looked away and stared at the wall.

Such a pretty wall.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about, Derek. What do you plan to do with Ray?" He questioned with the look of concern etched in his eyes.

I sighed. "I don't know." I shrugged as I looked down, playing with my fingers. "I haven't thought about that, to be honest with you." I licked my lips to distract me from my own thoughts. "Derek, don't do that to him. Don't make him do all of these and not give him a chance."

"But-

"I know what he did was wrong, believe me, you made it quite known. But that doesn't mean you can't talk to him about it or try to work through it. See, this is your problem! You're too afraid to give second chances, but that's none of my business." He clicked his teeth and walked towards the table of piling letters and gifts.

"This is cute." He murmured as he picked up a piece of paper. "Real sweet this." He muttered as he began reading out the note like it was a monologue.

Mi bello,

Not a day goes by when my mind does not think of you. You are the one who made me see the beauty of things. Before you came into my life, I didn't know what to do with myself or how to be happy. Then you came in and turned my world around and changed everything for the better. I cannot thank you enough, all I can do to repay you is to love you unconditionally and wholeheartedly. You are every dream of mine come true and I love you with all my heart and soul.