Capítulo Veintidos.

The best treatment for a broken heart, is to move on with the cause.

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Veintidos

It was painstakingly freaky how three months was able to fly by with the quickness.

Each day was a new day and my stomach got bigger as time went on. It was now a full bubble, so obvious in each shirt I wore. 

But things have turned out for the best.

Maddy had became a teacher and she was now dating Ramone's assistant, Michelle. Micah's father had climbed up the ranks and my mother became the governor of New York. My father stepped down as CEO and gave me the title when I graduated from university two months ago. He had trained me down to the nail for two weeks to make sure I didn't screw anything up. He made sure that everyone in the company knew who I was and respected me.

Now I sat at the 15th level, the highest level of Giordano Corp. with a smile on my face. I had finally had my dream come true, albeit the fact that I didn't get here the way I wanted to. I got here through the course of events that ultimately changed my life.

But my heart still cries everyday. My heart still whimpers in pain and it longed for the touch of love. He-who-shall-not-be-named is dead to me. The pain he caused isn't greater than the pain I'm left with. Even to this day, I curse my very existence for still being in love with him even when his love was a lie.

Then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I pushed my hair behind my ear as I surfed through some papers. "Hey, sir." I looked up to see my assistant coming in. Dante Stryker was a handsome man with tousled brown hair that covered his eyes, light green eyes that could pierce your soul, tanned skin that glistened when the light reflected on it.

He was a man of an enigma, an untouchable piece.

"What have I told you about calling me sir, Dante? It's just Derek." I rolled my eyes as the man made a smirk at me and handed me papers. "Sorry, si- Derek." He rubbed the back of his head as he handed me a file of papers. "Three months from now, you have a meeting with an important business man." He stated and I looked up at him in confusion. "Who?"

"Isaiah Carlton."

My eyes widened as the familiarity of his last name. 

"Okay thanks. I need a few minutes before the next meeting, is that okay?" Dante nodded and gave me a look of concern as I waved him away. "I'll be fine. Bye." He raised a brow at me before leaving the room. 

I went on my to my computer and searched up Isaiah Carlton. "He's a billionaire, a philanthropist, and an inventor." I clicked for more information but the websites were just vague and didn't give more details.

"Huh..." I sat back in my chair and all of a sudden, my phone ringing. I jumped from the noise and scrambled over to pick it up. "Hello, this is Giordano Corp. How may I help you?" I asked in a polite tone. "DEREK!" 

I winced as Micah's voice came through phone, all hysterical and loud. "Yes, brother?" I said and I heard a giggle. "You won't believe it." He stated and I rolled my eyes. "Try me." He let out a laugh before starting.

"Three months ago, we saw Ramone get shot by Taron but the thing is, that wasn't really Ramone." He began. "Ramone said he had someone that looked like him and could play the part for him."

"So if it wasn't Ramone, who was it?" I asked.

"Nathaniel Dragomore."

My eyes widened as I almost choked on my saliva. "What?! How do you know??" I questioned, not realizing that the theory I had came true. "Ramone found me after all this time and explained everything to me. I have more to tell you but I'll tell you in person." Micah finished and I knew he had to go.