Capítulo Veinticuatro.

Unnamed babies as the twins (Play the song on the side)

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Veinticuatro

Sad, somber music drifted through the ears of loved ones as they let out sniffles and cries of despair.

They clung on to one another as they watched the scene in front of them, crying as their heart tore to pieces and there was nothing left but a empty space in their chest, a void.

The rain splashed against the window violently, mixing in with the tears of the saddened. The thunder crashed against the roof of the hospital, illuminating the dark atmosphere.

"Derek..." Raymundo called out but got no answer. "I'm so sorry." There were sniffles from him as he let out water from his eyes, bright in redness. "I wish I could rewind time."

His voice tightened as he clenched a fist. "It's okay, Raymundo." Micah whispered. "It's not!" Ray cried. "If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be...." Ray trailed off, unable to finish his sentence.

He stormed out of the room, anger and fear in tow.

"I don't know what to do." Micah sighed as he put his head into Ramone's chest. "Have faith, Micah." He rubbed his lover's back. "He'll pull through."

Micah let out a noise of distress. "You heard the doctors though! They don't have insight about Derek or his babies. You heard them, Ramone! They don't know if...." He trailed off, tears coming down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry." Ramone whispered. "I wish there was something I could do." He crashed Micah to his chest. "I knew we shouldn't have let him come with us...." John caressed his forehead as Demetrios leaned his head on his shoulder.

The grief in the air hung like a thick, wool blanket, draped over all of them.

Only sorrow over the loss of the three wonderful souls that would have seen a chance at life. It felt as if time itself was standing still; that this was just a horrible nightmare, and everyone was trying to escape. Desperately trying to come out of this darkness, everyone knew that there was no chance. The image of the bullet flying into mid-air never left anyone's mind.

Forever gone.

This pain that we all felt was like a red rose in the dark that punctured us and made us bleed with pain then started dying untill the petals turn black, dry, and quietly start falling off; all you can hear is the gentle sound of them falling to the ground like the tears that fell from our eyes.

"God damn it!" Adriana cried out loud as her red-rimmed eyes weeped more. "He was my best friend..." She stated. "We could've prevented this!"

The atmosphere was melancholy, almost as if they were all waiting for the storm, knowing that there was no calm before.

"Baby please..." Tiana pleaded as she rubbed Alexander's back. Dante stood alongside them, a sad look on his face as he tucked in his bottom lip like he was trying not to cry at all.

Then there was a cough, a loud cough.

Everyone in the room all jerked their heads to the white bed, where I was sitting up, gasping for air.

"Get the nurse!" Someone yelled and the door slammed open. "Derek are you okay?!"

I nodded, patting my body and winced when I touched a sore spot. "I feel like I was dead." I croaked out, my head feeling heavy. "You were. They didn't know if you were going to make it." Micah stated, happy tears in his eyes.

"Heh," I chuckled, sitting back against the pillow, sweat flowing down my body. "That's why you all look like shit." I noticed something was amiss so I had to bring it to attention.