Capítulo Veinte.

Gerard Butler as Taron Kiloway

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Veinte

How did it get to this point?

A few minutes ago, we were sitting in Ramone's office waiting for him to get back to us and then all of a sudden, we were caught in the middle of an ambush that was prepared by a man that Micah clearly recognized.

The man had beat us into submission and I all but kept protecting my unborn kids, had his henchmen handcuff us to a pole where we were forced to watch him parade around and rant about how life wasn't fair and that he was going to exact revenge on all of us, starting with Micah.

He had proceeded to call us out by our name and sneer at us, like we were inferior to him. He had licked me on the cheek and decided that if we got out alive, he would keep me as his personal toy.

Bitch, I wish he would get near me.

I didn't even know who the man was until Micah hissed at him. It wasn't until I saw a fragmentation of Ramone tied up in a chair, bloodied and bruised, that I finally put the pieces together. This man was the man Micah told me about, the step-father to Armando Causi, the father to Zicara Kiloway, the lover to Konstantinos Kanzaki or whom everyone known as Antonio Causi, the father of Demetrios and the very vicious enemy of Ramone Vega.

He was Taron Kiloway, the mastermind behind this plan.

I didn't know how powerful this man was, but he had to be damn near invincible if he had the notorious Ramone Vega tied and beaten till he was no longer recognizable. He had to be damn near unconquerable if he had all of us down to our knees like this. He had to be damn near indomitable if he was able to get into the house like this undetected.

As I coughed up blood and spat it out, I couldn't help but wonder. Ramone acted like he knew this was going to happen so what did he have planned?

Would we die or would we live?

"You killed my beloved daughter," Taron started to speak, his venomous voice overtaking his dashing good looks. I had the urge to throw up but I reined it in and I watched the man walk around Ramone. "Dammit!" I cursed as I thrashed against the pole. 

"We can't get free." Ray stated blankly and I glared at him.

"Yeah, no shit Captain Obvious!" I hissed at him as a wave of nausea flooded my body and I swallowed tightly, trying to watch what was happening. The room was dimly lit and Taron's henchmen walked around us, trying to make sure we didn't do anything stupid.

"and you killed Antonio, all because he killed your father." I watched as Taron leaned into Ramone's ear, studying his face and that's when it hit me.

Ramone didn't look as tan as he did earlier. His eyes weren't that shining blue I saw earlier. His cheekbones weren't always this defined, were they? He also had bags under his eyes, which I was sure he looked perfectly fine earlier.

Then I recalled some things he said yesterday.

"He'll be pretty useful in what I have planned for him."

"I need you guys to act like you're scared, okay?"

"Whatever happens, do not worry."

Call it a gamble but I have a feeling that the person I'm seeing right in front of me is not one of Ramone Vega but the second man on this earth that I despised so much, the very man I wanted to get my hands on and kill, the very man who ruined my best friend's life.