Capítulo Veintiuno.

"Never put your happiness in someone else's hands. They have the power to make you or break you."

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Veintiuno

Are you sure you're okay?

I snorted at the text that I got from Daniela. I'm fine. Just going to see my mom and then I'll be back.

I turned the knob with the key inside the hole and pushed my way inside, sniffling.

"Mom?" I called out as I made my way into the familiar living, taking in the sweet smell of cinnamon rolls. "She's cooking, son." My father's voice pierced my ears and I turned to his La-Z Boy, where he normally sat when he lived here and I smiled.

"Hey, papa." I nodded to him, my accent coming out with my words. "Sit down, son." He motioned to the chair next to him. "You look sad." I nodded as I sat down, putting my stuff in the corner of the room.

It had been three weeks and a half since I last walked out on Raymundo. He hadn't come after me nor call me after the fact. I had been staying with my friend Adriana at her house while Josh and Daniela provided me with shoulders to cry on.

I hadn't told Micah of my situation because he had thought Ramone died or at least he probably did and I didn't want to burden him with my problems. He was going through a rough patch with Nicola, who too thought she lost her son.

As for Demetrios, he had his own problems with John, who was consistently trying to pursue him knowing that Demetrios wasn't going to give in.

That may have been a lie.

"Tell me what's going on." My father demanded and I sighed as I pulled out the first picture from the first ultrasound and placed it in his lap. "I'm having twins, dad." I stated bluntly, not caring how he was going to act. He could do whatever he wanted. I wasn't in the right state of mind to care.

"Well," He stated with a stern look on his face as he swallowed tightly, his eyes clouding over with a look I couldn't place.

"Looks like I'm going to be a grandfather." He smirked at me. "Whose the lucky man?" He asked and I let out a soft whimper, a tear trailing down my cheek. "Oh hell no!" My dad immediately sat up in his chair. "What did this motherfucker do to my son? And don't you leave out anything, Derek." He glowered at me and I let down my guard.

"Two almost three months ago, I met a man at Toxic, the club in town and I had a one night stand." My dad snickered at this. "I didn't think I would see him again but lo and behold, Micah went after the baddest mafia boss of them all and the guy I slept with happened to be his brother." I frowned.

"You don't mean-

"Yup, Raymundo Vega."

"Damn."

"I know."

"Continue."

I laid out the rest of the details for my father including the graphic ones and I watched as his face contorted into one of disgust as he rolled his eyes at me. "So let me find my shotgun and you can give me his address so I can be on my way." He let out a growl at the end of his sentence and I shook my head.

"No?! What do you mean no?!" He stammered while looking at me like I was crazy. "No. It's not worth it." He looked reluctant but I begged him.

"And why didn't you tell me this as soon as it happened? He wouldn't have been still here on this earth." I heard my mother's voice and I snapped my neck up to the kitchen doorway. My mother was standing there with her hip cocked out to the side and her arms folded.