Capítulo Diecisiete.

Eric Dane as Derek's father, Alezander Giordano

~

Married to the Mafia: Capítulo Diecisiete

No.

My body shook so hard from crying as I sat in my car outside my house, looking at the picture that Nikari slipped in my pocket over an hour ago. I was in disbelief, looking at something I didn't even know could exist. Did that mean something was wrong with me physically and emotionally? Was I even human?

The look on Nikari's face told me it all. I had a feeling of what it was but I didn't know for sure until I talked to my mom and got some answers. I knew she would be able to tell if I was just hallucinating.

Yeah, that's what it was. Just an hallucination of some weird shit that I conjured up in my mind.

I nodded affirmatively to myself as I got out the car, locking it as I headed up the steps to my mother's door. I knew it was late but she would still be up at this time. I reached a hand up and placed a tentative knock on the door, hoping it would alert her. "Derek?" I was greeted with the sound of my mom's voice when she opened the door. "Are you okay?" She asked with a worried look on her face and I slowly nodded.

"Yea," I whispered. "I just need to talk to you for a minute or two." I said and she opened the door widely to let me in. "Dean isn't here so it's just me and you." Thank fuck. Had that piece of shit been here, this news would've been dead to me. 

"It's fine." I walked down the corridor to the living room to see that she had been spending her night down here with her blanket, her snacks and her 70's movies. "I see you've been enjoying yourself, ma." I raised a brow as I took a seat next to her. "You know it." She giggled but her tone suddenly went serious. "What's wrong? I don't like seeing my baby cry." She reached out a hand and wiped a tear that was falling from my eye.

God damn it. 

She was the best damn mother I had ever had and she risked everything for me to keep me safe and healthy under a good environment when my father had left us. Tiana Mowry was a god send sent to me to be my mother and I was scared to reveal this news to her because I didn't know how she would take it. She was the only family I had and I needed her.

"Derek baby, what's wrong?" She took my hand in hers. "You're scaring me." It was now or never; time to reveal the truth and ask questions.

"Mom, earlier this evening, I was throwing up and there was pain in my stomach. I've been feeling real nauseous and even eating some of the weirdest food combinations I would never think to eat. I've been finding it real hard to control my emotions and when they change but I don't know why." I began and she tilted her head.

"A friend of my boyfriend," I halted a blush and ignored her smirk. "Found me hunched over the toilet and gave me an exam." I reached into my pocket and pulled out the paper Nikari gave to me. "This is what she found." I swallowed a cry as I threw the sonogram over in her lap. "I don't know how that's possible or if it's just all a hoax to see how I would react."

My mother picked up the paper and stared at it, a hand reaching up to cover her mouth. A few tears escaped her eyelids and I got the sensation that she knew something about this.

"Mom?" I called out, unsure of how to proceed about this situation. 

"Yes, it's true."

"Huh?" I made a noise of distaste as she jerked her head up and looked me deep in the eyes. She sighed and closed her eyes, letting more tears fall. "Twenty three years ago when I was pregnant with you, Alezander and I went in to get a ultrasound for my first trimester." She smiled in remembrance of that day and I grinned. "There, they told me we were having a girl." She laid the news down and my eyes widened.