Chapter:9

The week wasn't that bad. His grandmother was super sweet and welcomed me willingly. The doctor they were talking about came to visit almost daily.

He even agreed with Maggie on how sweet I was and how I was a match for Logan. I of course rolled my eyes at the statement. Every day the group came over to see me.

At the moment Amber and I are having a sleepover before school tomorrow. Yes I'm able to go back to school! Only downside is I'll still be hurt. Walking doesn't bother me as much as carrying my backpack down the hall to each class.

Then I've got the entire afternoon of nothing. My boss fired me after I didn't show up for the past week after I called and said where I was. Crapy Edwards, speaking of Edwards, Kale somehow got my number and has been calling me asking where I really was.

Of course after two calls I ignored it. Then Wednesday I go so mad that when he called me again I cussed him out literally full on sentences full of cuss words. Maggie thought I was a sweet girl, I am if you don't tick me off especially when I'm bedridden and want to be up and moving about.

"Wait you cussed Kale out Wednesday?" Amber asked as we lounged in the living room. "Yeah he was silent the whole time too. Once I was done he called me baby girl and got another ear full." I told her.

"Man I never thought of you to have a mouth like a sailor." She said. "Only when I'm teed off. You don't want to see me mad." I told her.

"And I don't plan on making you mad. I expect one of the guys to or even Beck. I'm not afraid to make someone mad it's just the situation with me." She said.

After we ate we got cleaned up we both went to bed early.

I woke up before her and got dressed. I had to wear a wrap on my ribs and avoid 'rough' physical activity. She woke up while I was brushing my hair. "Your seriously up this early?" She asked fumbling out of bed.

"Always up this early." I told her. We ate breakfast and I went to check my fields really quick. Then made it to school with ten minutes to spare.

The guys wanted to hug me but I reminded them of the still hurt ribs. Becky wasn't anywhere near. I followed behind Logan as he was walking to class.

I definitely took my pain killers this morning but they haven't kicked in yet. I was almost to class when he turned around and took my bag. Like he knew I was hurting.

Next thing he did was slow down and put his arm around me. He's a good six to eight inches taller than me so yeah. We got to class, Kale was already in the room. So us walking in with Logan carrying my bag was kind of a good bad idea.

I sat down in my seat before Logan stuck my bag next to my chair. Mrs. Hathaway came in after the bell rang. She checked roll and got started. My math teacher taught us this last year.

She was pretty crazy but had the best ways for coming up with solving math problems. When we got our work I breezed through it and was done within fifteen minutes.

I turned it in and sat back down. Mrs. Hathaway gave me my paper back a few minutes before the bell. A perfect score. "Would you teach the easier way? I saw how you worked it out and it is faster than how I teach it. Could you tomorrow?" She asked quietly.

I nodded and she went back to her desk. Logan tapped my shoulder. "How did you do it?" He asked. "I'll show you at lunch." I told him. He nodded and put it away.

The bell rang and I ran for my next class. All morning I avoided Kale and tried to stay near the guys. Once lunch hit Logan and I went for lunch at the diner. Once a week we go for lunch.

"I know we don't have free time after school and since we started coming here last month, but...." I set my drink down. "Um how do I say this?" He was stuttering and had a tint of red on his cheeks.

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?" I asked. He blushed wildly. "Yeah." He said continuing to blush. After we got our food he moved over to sit next to me.

"How could you tell I was trying to ask that?" He asked. "Guys that haven't dated before will stutter and fumble the words or if their very nervous." I told him.

He kissed my forehead and temple before we left. We walked back together hand in hand. He insisted on carrying my bag to my truck. I let him and put his arm around me. My fingers still intertwined with his.

Our friends may have seen it coming but all I saw was a guy who cared and was very kind. Yes he has the over protectiveness there, but it's not like the ones who are possessive.

Once we got to the trucks he put my bag in the backseat and sat down next to me on my tailgate. "Did you need to take your pain killers?" He whispered to me.

I shook my head. "Tonight before bed." I told him. That was another thing. I couldn't go home and I didn't know where I could stay. "If you need a place to stay at my cousin is going to be gone for a few weeks he'll be back at the end of November." Logan whispered in my ear.

"He already knows about your predicament. We can even switch trucks for the few weeks." He said. Sounded nice but I had no idea where it was.