Chapter:25

July 4th, 2037

I got dressed in a tank top and shorts then pulled on my red, white and blue boots with tan toes. I pulled my straight hair back and applied a little makeup. Then put Harvest's collar on him.

Logan came by to pick me up. I ran out with Harvest following close behind. He was grown now. Logan was leaning on his truck as I ran up to him.

My parents went to prison for abuse my father longer than my mother. Logan wrapped me in a tight embrace before kissing my forehead. We survived junior year and are looking forward to senior year.

He's convinced me to take afternoon classes with him so I might. He also said he'd help me out with the harvest this year. He set the dog in the back and helped me in.

He's really comforted me throughout this entire ordeal. When we got to his house Harvest jumped out wanting to greet everyone. Logan put his leash on to keep him contained. His free arm went directly around me.

Our friends were already here ready for fun. Of course I do have extra clothes here and a pair of old boots. "How about we go muddin'?" Amber whispered in my ear.

"Logan you can put Harvest in the backyard I don't think he can jump the fence." He looked at me before taking Harvest.

Amber and I changed into old clothes me in ripped jeans and an old tank top and her in shorts and an old tank. Both of us had old boots in out boyfriends' trucks so we're ready!

I grabbed the keys to Logan's ATV and told Buck I was borrowing it. He shrugged before walking over to Calvin. I got on and started it up. Amber follow behind me. We quickly made way behind Logan's house to the pasture. Buck knew we came back here after a good rain and tore it up with the four wheelers, but didn't care.

He did the same thing with his brothers and friends when he was our age. I was the first to get there so I hit the gas and slung it onto Amber.

"Oh so that's how you want to play it." She stated. I smirked. She tried to get mud on me not missing. Head to toe covered in it.

I took my tank off and wiped my eyes and mouth. "Wow Logan has a real view of that." Amber said. I shrugged and felt comfortable in my sports bra. The dirtier the better.

Might as well get dirty while we're at it. I flung mud on her. She had just taken hers off too. I giggled and took off. After about fifteen minutes we took a break.

"We're so going to need showers." Amber giggled. "I don't care. That's just an excuse to use his shampoo and body wash." I told her. We both giggled.

Then Amber's smile dropped. The ATV dipped and two arms wrapped around me. "Having fun without me?" He said. A chill ran up my body as he was pressed against me.

"Mhm." I said holding his arms in place. "Now you've got me filthy." He said huskily. I giggled. "Oh so you think this is funny." He said. I giggled louder.

He picked me up moving me behind him. I put my arms around his waist to hold on. Under his shirt I knew he had a rockin' body from working this summer. He put one hand on mine.

The guys took us to the creek just a mile from the house. I got off before him. He put his arm around my waist before picking me up. Oh no he's not.

"Logan I don't have any undergarments." I whispered harshly. "You left some here last lime. Your lucky my parents didn't find them." He said calmly.

Crap. "I don't want to ruin these!" I exclaimed. He took my boots off then took my phone out of my pocket. He's seriously going to do it.

He dumped me in the creek! I came up surrounded by brown water. He chuckled. Then he reached his hand out to help me up. I pulled him in with me. "Now we both are going to need showers!" I told him.

He held my head in place while he kissed me long and slow. Then his other arm pulled me onto his lap. Then severs wolf whistles sounded.

We both broke apart quickly. Our friends were standing near the bank laughing. "We'll finish this later." Logan whispered in my ear.

We both climbed out of the creek and up the bank. I could tell Logan was a little ticked because of the interruption. He got onto his four wheeler then I got on after him.

I got as close to his back as I could. My boots and phone tucked into a box. I wrapped my legs around his torso making him stiffen a little.

Once out of sight of our friends he pulled off and stopped. Then got off facing me. He set me up on his lap, his hands on my bottom.

His smirk said it all. He kissed me gently sticking his tongue over mine. I could feel one of his hands move to the clasp on my jeans. He's never tried to undress me.

I waited until after he undid the zipper to pull away. He looked into my eyes. Then he understood. "You know I'm not going to do it until I know you're ready. Once we get married then and only then will I." He told me.

Then kissed my forehead. I knew he meant what he said. We went back to get showered up. He let me use his shower while he used another. Once I was done I got back into the clothes I had on earlier before changing and some extra undergarments I accidentally left.

We ate barbecue and other things. Then once it got dark enough fireworks! Logan had a blanket in the back of his truck with a pillow. His dad and uncles shot off the fireworks display while Logan and I basically made out.