Chapter:20

Grandpa and Calvin pulled up to my house as the storm hit. Logan was over because he ran to the grocery store for me because I had no time to prepare for the storm. He ran out to help them with their bags.

The horses were took to the insulated storage barn where I'll be storing wheat and corn come fall next year. When I pulled up after two more hours of driving this morning he was parked outside my house. I jumped out of my truck and ran right into his arms.

He helped me settle the horses and get them ready for the upcoming storm. A few bales of hay was put inside with a water trough big enough to last them a while. Since all were geldings except the black colt they were free to wonder the barn.

Logan and Cal brought the bags in and set them in the living room. I looked outside to see the snow falling harder. "Logan could you help me carry in more wood?" I asked him as I pulled my boots on. "Sure." He answered following me out.

I stacked wood on his arms from the wood in the garage. Mostly pine and cedar. I carried some in and set it down. Then took wood from him stacking it up.

Cal found the coffee and started a pot. Logan sat down on a couch and I sat down next to him curled into his side. His arm immediately went around my shoulders.

Grandpa was watching Logan's every single move. "Logan do you drink coffee?" Cal asked from the kitchen. "I'm good." He answered. Cal came in and handed grandpa a mug of coffee.

Logan looked down at his phone. "No signal. I usually have signal over here." He said. "Guess I can't tell my parents I'm snowed in." He said.

The electricity flashed. Luckily I brought the generator. Then it was out. I jumped up and got his coat and my boots. I went out to the back of my truck with an extension cord and trailed it inside.

"Need any help?" Logan asked. "Could you run this into the house for me?" I asked. He nodded and took the cord. Then came back. "There's a box of extension cords and surge protectors up in the attic it's an entire tote. I said giving him his coat.

My sweater had plenty of heat in it now. I found some lanterns in a tote in the outside storage. "There's a small tote of lights would they work?" Logan called from the attic.

"They should. We can use them also." I yelled up. Cal came out to see what he could do. "Could you help Logan with the totes while I set up the solar panel?" I asked him.

He nodded. I went back out and set the panel up to run the generator. I turned it on and went inside. I got the first surge protector and plugged it in to the cord. I set it near the kitchen entrance. Logan and Cal came down with the extension cord tote.

I grabbed several heavy duty cords and grabbed the toasted oven. Power outages was one thing I was ready for. My parents never thought all these cords would be useful. Then I grabbed the lanterns and ran them throughout the house.

I plugged the hot water heater in to the generator and it started its job. No having to boil water this time. I took charge and made it a necessity on living like this.

Logan came up to me in the hall away from my family. "Need any help buttercup?" He asked with a hint of huskiness in his voice. His arms were already around my waist as he stood behind me.

"I think I got it hero." I told him. He kissed behind my ear before trailing to my jaw then the corner of my mouth. I turned around in his arms facing him. He had a light smile playing on his lips.

It's been a while since we've actually each other alone. He picked me up, his hands resting on the bottom of my thighs. I put my arms around his neck.

He kissed me. I started teasing him making him deepen it. "Stop teasing it's not nice." He said smirking. I giggled and nipped his bottom lip. "Buttercup." He said breaking apart.

The smirk on his face told me that he was teasing. He loved it when I teased him. He kissed me sliding his tongue in.

At least they were in the other room. We pulled back resting our foreheads against each other's. "Let's go somewhere they won't catch us so easily." He whispered before carrying me to my room.

There he closed the door quietly and sat down on my bed with me on his lap. His hands moved up to my hips then under the sweater. "Your hands are cold." I told him. He pulled his hands out and rubbed them together before continuing.

"Better?" He asked. "Much." I replied. He kissed me quickly. "Think we should go back in yonder before they think we're doing the dirty." He whispered.

"Only my uncle would think that!" I said. "What's he exactly?" He asked laying back me on top of him. "He's like an overly protective older brother or a second dad to me." I told him. He kissed my forehead then temple.

"How old is he exactly?" He asked. "Fifteen years older than me." I replied. "Not too bad." He said. I shook my head. "How about we roast hotdogs over the fire for supper?" Logan asked.

"Then s'mores after that?" I asked. "Of course." He replied. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen. A few seconds later he was coming into the kitchen. I grabbed the eight pack of hotdogs while he got the skewers down. The perks of having a taller boyfriend!

I walked into the living room with Logan behind me.