Chapter:14

I've got no plans for Thanksgiving. My parents were arrested yesterday and they won't be out for two years. Hopefully I'll be graduated before they do. Logan has really been a complete gentleman. Two days till Thanksgiving.

The storm flooded the fields so I can't go out there and it's too cold to go mudding! I cleaned house all day until grandpa FaceTimed me.

"Hey grandpa how's northern life?" I asked him seeing him come into view. "Northerly. How are you doing squirt?"
"Not bad. Keeping up with bills, food, gas, and school."
"Same as always."
"I know." Outside I heard the rumble of a familiar truck.
"Need a change in life." I said sitting down.
"How so?"
I heard the backdoor open then close.

"Well since moving here both parents were confronted with financial problems. You know how I'd always pay the bills and then once sixteen had to get a job just to buy food. So in August they were told they had to have one million by the end of November. If not they were going to be arrested.

"That wasn't my fault or problem, but when they thought they had to take it out on me, after a week I had it. My truck was basically my room. I'm still recovering from broken ribs that your son caused!"

Grandpa shook his head. "Even me and your uncle saw the financial coming." He told me. Logan came over and rested on the back of the chair. "Who's that squirt?" Grandpa asked.

"He's my boyfriend." I told him.
"What's your name son?"
"Logan." He replied to my grandpa.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Kacey. Oh and Tess your uncle will be calling in about an hour." Grandpa warned.
"Thanks for the warning." I giggled.

"Anytime squirt." He chuckled before having to hang up. After he did Logan kissed my cheek. "How's the rest of your week been?" He asked. "Not bad." I told him.

He kissed my cheek again before grabbing my hand and leading me outside. "What do you want?" I asked as he picked me up and carrying me and my boots to his truck.

"Just come with me." He said. Some days he wants to tell me where we're going and others he doesn't even say a word. He pulled into a pasture and parked in the middle.

Then reached into the back for his hoodie. "Sorry for not grabbing you a jacket." He apologized with a look of regret in his eyes. I put the hoodie on and the sleeves went way over my hands and it fell about mid thigh.

I kissed his cheek. "Thank you." I told him before pulling my boots on. His face turned a light shade of red before he got out and came around to my side.

He opened the door and helped me out keeping me in his arms. I didn't know what time it was or how long we drove. He walked back with my hand in his to the tailgate. He set it down and set me up on it.

Then he jumped up and sat next to me. I moved closer leaning into him. "Wish we could do this more often." He said kissing the side of my head. I looked up into his blue eyes.

He was looking straight ahead with his arm around me. "Logan when exactly is your birthday?" I asked him. I knew it was late November I just didn't know which day.

"This coming Saturday." He replied. "When's yours?" He asked. "New Years day." I told him. "At twelve o' five in the morning." I added.

"I'll remember that. Especially since you were almost a New Year's Eve baby." He said. I felt a chill go through me and moved closer. He pulled me closer to his side.

These are things I'm going to miss until winter next year. He started moving back farther into the bed of the pickup taking me with him.

He pulled out a blanket and wrapped it around both of us. "Wait here for a second." He said as he got up and jumped over the side.

He got into the back seat and came back with a basket. "My mom made us supper." He said sitting the basket down near him, sitting back down where he was before he got up.

Then he opened it up revealing a thermos and two bowls. He gave me some chicken and dumplings before he got some and handed me a spoon.

We ate and watched the sun set in the late November weather. I would always want to relive every single time I'm with him. Especially the amazing dates we've gone on.

Even if they've been to the diner and odd places, but mostly the diner. He put the food inside the back and pulled me in close to his chest. I don't want this night to end.

Once it was dark out he carried me to the truck and we headed back to my house. Once there he wanted to carry me inside so I let him. My phone whiching I had dropped on the table was ringing off the hook.

He set me down and I quickly answered. "Finally you answer! I was starting to get worried about you!" My uncle Calvin exclaimed.
"Sorry I got distracted and left my phone at the house." I told him.
"How can you get distracted?"

Then Logan popped in behind me wondering who it was. The look on my uncle's face was priceless.