Leaving love

I spun around in shock and tried to spot the face of the person calling me.

Nick.

“Lia!” Nick yelled as he grabbed me and pulled me into his arms. “What the hell do you think your doing?” He demanded. I froze in his embrace.

“I’m leaving.” I said simply. No point lying to him.

“Without a warning. Without a goodbye.” He snapped, I tried to escape from his embrace but I couldn’t.

“Nick. Let me go.” I demanded.

“No!” He exclaimed furiously. “I’m not letting you slip through my fingers again.”

“Let go.” He ignored me.

“Do you even know how I found out? Do you? Do you?” He demanded. I couldn’t answer. “I found out through Mackenzie! Mackenzie!”

“Nick. You have to let me go.” I felt my eyes fill with tears. I had to leave for Nick.

“No Lia. Look me in the eyes and honestly tell me to let you go.” A crowd gathered around us. I looked at him straight in the eye.

“I want you to let me go.” I lied.

You want him to hold onto you forever and never let go. Stupid inner voice.

“You’re lying Lia.” He snapped.

“I’m not.”

Lies.

“Yes you are. Lia and I can see it.” Nick said smugly.

“Give me a reason why you care so much about me Nick!” I screamed. It was a last chance thing he had no reason. To my surprise ha started to laugh.

“You don’t know do you? I love you Princess.” I froze at his words. My resolve was hanging by a thread, and he knew it.

“No. You can’t, you shouldn’t.” I said, the waterworks were coming and my heart was breaking.

“I do Lia. And that scares you doesn’t it. You’re scared of how you feel about me. You’re scared that I’m right and your not.”

“No. You don’t.”

“What?” He demanded.

“You think you love me. But you love the idea of loving me.” I said as forcefully as I could, my heart was breaking. There were a million ways I could have loved him, each day I could have found a new reason. And I was breaking my heart not once but for each of those reasons I loved him. It was obvious that he had lost his ability to form words.

“Don’t tell me how I feel Lia, and you can’t leave. That would break the contract.” Nick pointed out it was a last ditch effort on his part.

“It’s a void. My company has a heir.” I reasoned.

“Yeah, who? Vincent?” He demanded. I shook my head. Cameron came over and tried to tug me away from Nick.

“Him.” I whispered. Nick looked at me in disbelief.

“Lia that’s ridiculous. He’s not even related to you.” Nick snapped refusing to let me go.

“He is. Nick my father had an affair. Cameron, Dylan and Maddeline were the result of that affair. They are my family. Cameron is willing to take the company. Nick the contracts a void.” I whispered.

“No.”

“Nick let me go.”

“No!”

“Nick you have to.”