Complications

I walked over to my lunch table and sat down with Mimi and Ant. Dee and Kris were too busy eating salads with the cheerleaders. They weren't corrupted yet but they were fast on their way. Mackenzie had begun corrupting the cheerleaders turning them into droids, some became sluts others became diet freaks which Kris and Dee had become. Mackenzie began kicking people off the team because of looks instead of talent. It disgusted me, but then again, most of the things she did disgusted me.

Everything was changing so much, it was hard to keep up with. I put my head on Ant's shoulder and he slung an arm around me.

"Mimi, why so quiet today?" I asked. She sighed and put her head in her hands and groaned.

"It's complicated." Was all she said. I frowned disapprovingly and shook my head.

"So? Tell me." I demanded.

"My asshole of a dad still hasn't paid our child fare thingy." Mimi said.

"So?" Ant said. Mimi and I glared at him.

"Mom's freaking out, 75% of the money she earns goes to my siblings and I's college fund. The other 10% is for the bills and 15% is for savings. The child fare is for other. Mom's annoyed we have to sip into our savings." Mimi groaned. She wanted to become a lawyer to help people who were wrongly accused or sued. I patted her shoulder sympathicly.

"He's a douche." I said acidly. Mimi shook her head.

"No he's not." She defended and glared at me when I tried to say more bad stuff about the retard who ditched her family for his own selfish desires. Pathetic.

"So only you can insult him?" I asked carefully and she nodded her head. Mimi and her two brothers were illegitimate children. Her dad knocked her mom up 3 times and ditched her. What sort of person does that?

"It's more complicated than you think. Only mom can insult him. I guess I hate him too because mom still loves him with all her heart. I guess it's a lot more complicated than I think. Honestly I don't know whether to hate him or not because he's the one that helped mom set her business up." Mimi explained. I nodded my head pretending to understand but in reality I didn't understand at all.

After school Mimi walked me to my house where I was going to talk to my mother.

"Hello mother." I greeted politely. She simply looked at me and nodded her head and gave me a stony look.

"This way." She ushered and brought me into dad's study.

"Is there a way out of it?" I asked urgently. Mom shook her head.

"The only way would be for one of your brothers to willingly step up to the business." My mother explained. Which was virtually impossible.

"So I'm stuck with Nickolas." I demanded. My mother glared at me for my harsh tone but nodded her head. I sighed and shook my head with disappointment. My mother walked out of the room to leave me alone. I got up and walked out of the room numbly before walking out of the house and over to the cemetery. I sunk down and sat in front of Nathan and Vivian's graves. And instantly burst into tears.

I missed them so much, if they were here with me, Vivian would be marrying Nickolas, Nathan would be here taking care of me. He'd become a fire fighter like he always wanted to be. How pathetic of me, I'm complaining about my life and I haven't been able to enjoy it much at all. I need to enjoy life for Nathan and Vivian's sake. As clichéd as it is, it started raining. I let the rain fall on my face and disguise my tears. I curled up in a ball to cry.

"Lia, wake up. Come on, we have to go home. God you're infuriating, will you sleep on the sofa? No, sleep on the cemetery ground? Okay, sure! You get weirder by the day princess." I was being shaken awake and it was very annoying. I tried to swat it away.

"No. 5 more minutes." I grumbled. I heard him chuckle and pick me up.

"Okay, fine princess, sleep, why don't you? Just relax, you'll be fine." I heard the person whisper as the person gently lifted me up and carried me out of where ever I was. I sighed gently and moved closer into the person's arms. "Goodnight princess." He said as he pressed a kiss to my forehead.