The game

What Mimi said had utterly baffled me. I mean yes I’ll admit it’s mean but I could have let him down gently but she should know that I wouldn’t play him like that right? I sighed and shook my head to clear it and quickly walked into my class.

I silently sat there as Mackenzie strut in and glared at everyone, especially me and nick before sitting as far away from him as possible. A.K.A, next to me. She really was taking this way too far, I could see the way she enjoyed Nick wink at her and pass messages to her that she threw away after she read them. Pathetic. Even though her method was pathetic, it was super effective and Nick was putting his all into the game.

Nick thought he was manipulating the game and leading Mackenzie into his trap. Mackenzie was the master mind by manipulating Nick in such a way he thought he was winning and the prize was Mackenzie. Only a fool would challenge Mackenzie in this game she mastered. She was smarter than she looked. And that infuriated me.

Nick had no idea what he had gotten himself into. There was no way for him to win, if Mackenzie dated him and made him loyal, he lost because he’s the prize. If he ditches her and the game, Mackenzie would have won due to forfeit.

Who was she to come in and try and steal my life, and take my place. She fooled everyone in this school but me and a few others. Mackenzie gave Nick a ‘glare’ which consisted of a glare hiding a ‘please keep this up so I can let the act drop quickly and bang you’ look. Disgusting.

I really absolutely hated the two of them.

I felt my heart clench with fear as I realized that if mom failed I would be stuck with Nick and Mackenzie. I would be the foolish, ignorant, wife and Nick would be the cheating husband and Mackenzie would be the other girl. What a wonderful life. Charming. I was so busy over the weekend that I forgot to ask my mother about the contract. I better ask her when I get home.

Grumbling, I walked off to my next class…Biology.

I sat next to Mimi and talked about a lot of things, mainly Ant, Nick and I. After what she said about love I kept trying to make her open up and tell me why she came here. Mimi was too stubborn to tell me. It was so frustrating.

“Mr Thomas, I can’t pay attention with Madeline and Nathalia talking.”  Valerie, a cheerleader and one of Mackenzie’s minions said. Mimi gave her a look that could melt rocks and made Valerie flinch and pale. Valerie used to be nice and sweet but Mackenzie corrupted her. It was sad.

“Maddeline! Nathalia! One last chance, if I catch you talking, detention!” Mr Thomas snapped. I nodded my head and my cheeks flamed from the sudden attention, Mimi nodded her head but held it high while mine was down with shame. I copied the notes on the board into my note book and shut up. Some of the things Mimi did reminded me a little bit of Vivian. Vivian would have adored Mimi. Could this day get any worse?

When class ended Mackenzie was waiting for me outside of lass and dragged me into the girls bathroom. Apparently, karma loved proving me wrong.

“Stay away from Nickolas.” Mackenzie hissed.

“Why?” I asked cluelessly just to annoy her. She glared at me.

“He’s mine!” She snarled out possessively. I don’t know why but that term bothered me greatly.

“that would be hard…Considering I live with him.” I said innocently and smirked when that got a rise from her. She literally turned red with fury and gave me a look of raw hatred. Okay maybe I went too far but it’s not like she cares right? Looking straight into her eyes I realised she was lusting after him. Great, I’m dead.

“you’re what?!” she shrieked. I’m going to die a painful death. She absolutely loathed me.

“I live near him.” I covered quickly.

“Don’t lie to me! You’re to stupid to understand aren’t you? He is mine! You’re too pathetic too see that with your little infatuation with him! Run along and find someone in your league!” I could tell she was working herself up and it she was getting scary. God why did I have to push this? Oh yea, I was dumb. But what was she talking about?

“I’m not infatuated with Nickolas king.” I snapped stubbornly. Mackenzie looked at me with disbelieving eyes, her anger had suddenly evaporated and she began laughing at me.

“Nathalia, you are so naïve. You aren’t worth my time, you think you’re so smart and high and all mighty but you are truly an idiot. I don’t even have to worry too much about you, you’re so dense you can’t see what’s right under your nose.” Mackenzie then haughtily strut out of the bathroom. What is that crazy girl talking about? I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom with my head down.