Goodbye...Forever

I was staying over at Mimi’s house to prep myself to dump Ant. I went through it for a while but I couldn’t just form the words. I figured I’d just wing it. Before falling asleep.

I already ruined 2 chances. 1 left. Physics. Ant and I sat next to each other, he was talking about bringing me out for a date later. Enough is enough, it’s now or never.

“Ant, we need to talk.” I started while I was cursing myself internally. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I just had to pick a clichéd line.

“We are talking.” He teased.

“No. I mean it. Ant I don’t know how to say this but I’m breaking up with you.” I whispered softly. He stared at me and examined me to see if I was lying.

“You mean it don’t you?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Ant, I love you. But not the way you want me to. And tomorrow I’m going to japan, I won’t be coming back.” I said softly. He sighed and looked away.

“There’s someone else isn’t there?” I nodded my head. “I get it. I love you Lia, I’ll let you go, it feels like everything I did with you was to prepare you to be with someone else. He better be worth it.” He teased but in his eyes I could see he was hurting. And there was nothing I could do to stop it. And that hurt a lot more than it should.

Next period was lunch Mimi and I sat at our usual table. Mackenzie strutted over and smirked at me. “Well, well, well, what do we have here?” She sneered. We ignored her and began eating our lunch.

“That’s it? That’s all you losers are going to do? I won! I have the guy, I have your friends! I have your life! I did what I swore I would do on the first day! I ruined you!” She trilled. To be honest I really didn’t care but whatever makes her happy I guess. But instead, shockingly, a bunch of cheerleaders backed away from her.

“So you, like, used us?” Brianna demanded.

“No Brianna it’s not like that.” Mackenzie said haughtily.

“But it seems like that. Making us be mean, dress up like this, god I am so stupid.” She said. Brianna and Brittney strutted over and sat next to me. “Sorry Lia. We were such brats to you. But a certain someone threatened to throw us off the team. And made you sound like a two faced slut, apparently we got the wrong girl. You girls coming?” The other cheerleaders sat down with us.

“Erm, excuse me? What did you just say to me?” Mackenzie demanded. She looked scary.

“We erm like, just called you a two faced slut.” Karen snapped. Dee walked up and slap Mackenzie in her face.

“That’s for blackmailing me.” Dee said. Kris stood up and slapped Mackenzie as well.

“That’s for all of the diets.” Kris hissed. Mackenzie glared at us before strutting off away from us. After lunch I went into the bathroom to wash up and I heard a sniffling sound coming from the handicap toilet. Notoriously known for girls who have emotional breakdowns.

“Hello? Who’s in there?” I asked softly.

“Go away.” The girl sniffled.

“No, I’m coming in.” I warned before I entered. And that’s how I found Mackenzie. She was curled up in a ball crying.

“I told you to go away.” She said brokenly.

“It’s okay. You’ll be alright.” I said soothingly as I approached her.

“No! It’s not alright! Don’t act like it is! Do you know how lucky you are? You have loyal friends, a hot boyfriend, good looks, a bright future! And me? Nothing. It’s not fair! How come you get all the luck! I just wanted what you had. Was that so wrong? I even let you have Antony…” She screamed at me as she cried. 

”Mackenzie. I don’t know what to say. If you were nicer, maybe they would have liked you. I don’t know, I just lived off of my sisters shadow.”

“Stop it. You’re making me feel guilty...I told her it was a bad idea. That it wouldn’t work.” She whispered brokenly.

“What do you mean?” I demanded.

“You don’t know? Of course you don’t…Kris and Dee wanted me to come here and make you jealous.”  Mackenzie explained. “It was so obvious that you cared about Nick. You needed a push in his direction, and that was my goal. But by opening your eyes it opened mine too. When he went to hospital, god, I realised I cared about him more than I should have. And I got jealous. So instead of pushing you two together I tore you guys apart. I knew it wouldn’t have worked. You guys did what? Kiss and make up? It’s not fair.” I didn’t know what to say. In the end I hugged Mackenzie until she stopped crying.

“It’s okay. I’m leaving to Japan tomorrow anyway.” I sighed.

“I’m sorry. You’re too nice.”

“It’s okay Kenzie. It’s okay.”

 After that school passed by far too quickly and soon I was packing my bags to Japan. With nothing better to do I checked out the school website and went to Mimi’s house.

We were taking one of dad’s private jets and it was a direct flight. Before I knew it, a day had gone by and I was on my way to the airport. We were on our way to get our passports stamped when I heard some one call my name.