Chapter 28 - Edolas

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Spiritbomb35 here with a new chapter for you all. Finally, we've arrived to the Edolas arc and I've got some great plans for this one. So with that, Enjoy!

------------------------------------

In a grand flash of light, everything seem to disappear, before the group was spat into the air. The sight that greeted them defied words.

"Holy crap!" Save for those words Natsu spoke perhaps. Edolas was a sight to behold. Islands that floated in the sky, with swirling torrents of water streaming through them. That plants were utterly bizarre, baring a closer resemblance to animals instead of known plants. The "birds" looked more like flying fish, as they dove in and out of the flying rivers. There were no comparisons that could be drawn to Earthland, it as just too fantastic.

"Wow! This place is awesome!" Sora exclaimed, looking around.

"So this is where I'm from?" Happy murmured, "It really is different."

"So this is Edolas..." Lucas said, surprised.

"This place is amazing!" Natsu said.

"Its as if we truly have stepped into another world," Wendy commented.

"Well, that is exactly what we did," Carla said. In all the awed observation, the group initially failed to notice an important detail. That being the cats' wings promptly disappeared. The group plummeted to the ground, but were fortunate enough to land in some strange leafy plant.

"Are we still alive?" Sora asked, checking his pulse. "Yeah, I'm good."

"GAH!" Natsu grunted as he looked up, "What happened?"

"Didn't I make myself clear?" Carla asked, "Magic is of limited quantity in Edolas. You can't go around shooting fire everywhere you go."

"Then how're we going to find Luce if we don't have our magic?" Sora asked.

"And find the others!" Happy piped up.

"We can make do without our magic," Carla said as she hopped to the ground.

"Now that you mention it," Wendy said, "I do feel kind of... empty."

Lucas looked up at her, "Empty?" he asked.

"We can't fly?" Happy whined, "This place sucks."

"Deal with it, tomcat," Carla said bluntly. 'I feel like I was supposed to give them something' she thought 'But it eludes me.'  Wendy's tongue darted out of her mouth, and licked the air.

"The air here tastes kind of weird," she said.

"I wonder if the sunlight in this world would feel weird, if I absorb it," Sora said, curiously. That gave Natsu an idea.

"Hey! Let's start a fire!" he said, "Maybe if I eat some of the fire here, I can get my magic back! And maybe it will taste weird too!" He was silenced when he was hit in the head by a branch by Carla.

"Will you keep focused!" she snapped, " We'll figure out what to do about or magic later, but for now, we need to find some way to disguise ourselves."

"Oh, well that's easy enough," Natsu answered with a grin.

"Hardly, we don't have anything to wear in replacement," Carla responded.

"You kidding? There's stuff all around us!"

A couple of minutes later, the group was draped in leaves of the various plants, much toothier embarrassment and/or discomfort. That, of course, excluded Natsu, who seemed perfectly content in the get up he had on, consisting of massive leaves covering his body.