Chapter 56- Daughter of Layla

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you guys. As I said before in the last chapter, I will be omitting most of the fights since they will go as canon. Hope you guys enjoyed it. I also wanted to thank everyone who voted and favored the story so far. So without further ado, Enjoy!

------------------

(With Wendy and others)

The combination of fighting Azuma and Zancrow, coupled with healing both Natsu, Sora, and Lexi , had left Wendy more than slightly drained. She panted heavily.

"Wendy, are you okay?" Lexi asked as she rubbed the girl's back.

"You looked a little exhausted." Kiki agreed.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired, that's all." Wendy replied, as she sent them a small smile.

"Stop using up your energy like that," Makarov said, "You're going to need it in this upcoming battle."

"You need to lead us," Wendy said firmly, "We can't lose you now." Makarov chuckled slightly.

"You know for just being a dragon slayer, you act quite a bit like Nastu and Sora," he said.

"Now there's a scary thought," Carla muttered. Makarov was going to speak again, before stopping, and glancing to the side.

"Stop lurking around Mest, just show yourself." Wendy, Lexi and the Exceeds looked up, and saw Mest appearing before them.

"You!" Pantherlily and Carla snapped at the same time. Mest looked to the side in shame.

"Who's that?" Kiki asked.

"He looks like the guy from the guild." Lexi said.

"Mest," Wendy said softly. Makarov looked at Mest.

"What do you have to report?" he asked.

"There were survivors from the blast," Mest explained, "They're regrouping for the next move."

"What do you guess that would be?" Makarov asked.

"A this point, I honestly don't know," Mest said.

"What's going on here?" Carla demanded, "He's a spy for the Magic Council!"

"If I had any magic power left...," Pantherlily growled.

"Cool it, all of you," Makarov said, causing everyone to look at him, "This man is not who you think he is. He's a member of Fairy Tail."

"He was lying to get dirt on Fairy Tail so that the Magic Council could disband Fairy Tail!" Carla said angrily.

"What?" Lexi said in shock.

"How could you do such a thing?" Kiki asked him.

"Ever hear of a double agent?" Makarov asked, "Because you're looking at one." All eyes were then immediately on Mest, who was staring at the ground.

"You mean...," Pantherlily began.

"He used his Memory alteration powers to infiltrate the Council," the Master explained, "He became the guild's ears inside of it."

"When the Council told me to use my powers to infiltrate the guild, I wasn't really left with a choice," Mest explained.

"Mest," Wendy said softly.

"I'd understand if you won't want to trust me," Mest said, not looking at Wendy, "Especially after I said all those horrible things."

"Its okay," Wendy said, smiling gently. Mest looked at her in surprise.