Chapter 44- The New Edolas!

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you. This chapter will conclude the ending of the Edolas arc. This arc was probably the longest one I ever wrote, but it was worth it. I want to say thanks to everyone who commented, voted, and loved the story so far. It means a lot. So without further ado, Enjoy!

------------------------

The five Dragon Slayers stood triumphantly over their defeated foe, all five of them absolutely exhausted.

"We did it!" Nastu cheered, throwing his fist into air.

"Hell yeah!" Sora cheered as the two fist-bumped.

"It's finally over." Lexi sighed as she sat down with Wendy right beside her. Gajeel just grinned like there was no tomorrow.

"Alright, let's get back to the others," Sora said as turned to leave, However, when he tried to walk away, he promptly collapsed back to the ground.

"Sora? You alright, man?" Nastu asked, as he helped his brother up.

"Yeah, I just remember I took the most of the force from that thing's attack," Sora said, holding his arm.

"Let me heal you," Wendy said, scurrying over, and beginning to try and mend her friend's injuries.

"You did good, Wendy," Natsu said with a grin. 

"Yeah, you were pretty badass out there," Sora agreed, just as Wendy had healed most of his injuries

Wendy looked up, and also smiled. "Thanks, you guys," she said.

"You're so sweet I think my teeth are going to completely rot away," Gajeel said. Lexi just laughed at that.

"Screw you!" Their exchange was suddenly interrupted by a massive rumbling. They all looked up, and saw the horror: the islands of Edolas were beginning to crash to the ground.

"The islands are falling!" Lexi said.

"Its... the end of the world," Wendy said in terror.

------------------------------

(with the Exceeds)

The Exceeds and taken shelter in the ruins further from the city. Shagotte could see the islands all collapsing as well.

"The islands were kept suspended in the air by the world's magic energy," Shagotte muttered, "And now that they're falling, that means...." Streams of magic energy began floating out of the world, into a massive void in the sky.

".... magic is disappearing from this world."

-------------------------------

(in the city)

(Flashback)

Mystogan lead Pantherlily through the wreckage of the Edolas palace, into one of the few rooms that was still standing.

"This is the room that produces the Anima," Pantherlily said, "What are we doing here, your Highness? I thought you closed all the Anima."

"Indeed I did," Mystogan answered, "But I recently came to a decision. Having seen both this world, and Earthland. There is conflict there as well, but for different reasons. The conflict in this world is from magic. It needs to change." It didn't take long for Pantherlily to realize what he was indicating.

"I'm going to open a reverse Anima," Mystogan said, "This world is going to lose all of its magic."

(End Flashback)