Chapter 40- The Girl From Then

Disclamier: Hey guy! Firestorm here with a new chapter for you guys. I own nothing but my oc. Last chapter, Särakaotus had awaken and turned the Kingdom of Edolas to ruins. Now he has set foot on Extalia and plans to do the same with the exceeds. Read this chapter to know their fates. Without further ado, Enjoy!

---------------------------

(Extalia)

"A dragon has appeared in the city!" Mysdroy, one of the Extalia elders said.

"To think a beast of such a calibre would show itself here! Martam, another said, "What are we to do? There is no way to defeat such creature!"

"We cannot defeat it," a female voice said, "At this point, there is only one thing we can do."

"Queen Shagotte!"

"We must beg for the dragon's mercy," the Queen said as she rose from her throne, "And to do that, we must tell them the truth."

------------------------------

(in the city)

Särakaotus inhaled, as dark masses began to gather in his mouth. Wendy could recognize that he was going to use his breath attack, and immediately moved to try and intervene.

"Wait!" Out of nowhere, Pantherlily swooped in, and held up his arms in front of Särakaotus.

"Sir Pantherlily?" Nadi asked in surprise. No other Exceed really took much notice to who the new Exceed was, aside from the one who was currently in between them and the dragon. Särakaotus paused and glanced down at Pantherlily.

"Who are you, that would stand against me?" he demanded.

"I beg you!" Pantherlily said, "I know that the Kingdom of Edolas wronged you horribly, but these Exceeds have done nothing to you!"

"In my dreams I saw this kingdom," Särakaotus responded, "It is because of them that I was tormented for so long. And I've seen what these Exceeds have done, their actions were what drove the people of Edolas to do what they did. Extalia does not deserve to live. It must taste dragon justice."

"Su... Surely you can be dissuaded from destroying us!" Nadi said as he hopped forward, sweating a flood, "Surely this land is not worthy of your attention!"

"Lord Nadi!" Pantherlily said, astounded that the noble was calling his own kingdom unworthy.

"Any kingdom that played a hand in my suffering, no matter how direct or indirect, is very much worthy of my attention."

"The Queen will stop you!" Särakaotus glanced down at another Exceed, who was trembling, trying hard to be brave. Unfortunately, under a dragon's gaze, that proved very difficult.

"Is that an attempt at a threat, little kitten?" Särakaotus asked, arching an eye crest.

"The Queen's a goddess!" another Exceed cried, "She can smite you from existence with a mere flick of her paw."

"Is that so?" Särakaotus responded, before rearing up, and opening his wings in display, "Very well great Queen, I am ready! Take your divine power and smite me from existence!"He waited for a few moments, before looking back down.

"Nothing," he said, "It appears your queen has nothing to challenge me." The Exceeds just all stared up in horror, as the beast glared down at them.

"No... it will come... the Queen will destroy you," one Exceed stammered.

"She has to! She's our goddess!" Soon many Exceeds were crying for their queen, for her to come and save them the dragon, but nothing came.