Chapter 54-Solar Dusk Dragon Mode!

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm here with a new chapter for you all. In this chapter, Sora and Lexi continue their battle with Vanidas. The picture above is Sora's new mode. Hope you like it. I want to thank everyone who voted on the story so far. So, without further ado, Enjoy!

--------------------

(Sora and Lexi)

'This is just like that the power I used against Jellal and Zero...'

Sora felt the magic power radiating from Vanidas, as he activated "Devil Force". He and Lexi stared at Vanidas, as he glowed in the shadows. When the dust finally cleared up, they saw what he looked like now. Black cracks had formed over Vanidas's body, with black shadows leaking out of the cracks. His wild hair had turned purple, and now waved like fire. The colors of his eyes had inverted, with sliver where white should've been, and vice versa.

"Whoa....he's changed." Lucas said, feeling the power that Vanidas gave off.

"I've never felt anything like it..." Kiki commented.

"This power," Lexi said, shaking slightly, "Its... its..."

"Don't be afraid," Sora said, slamming his fist into his palm, "We can take this guy no problem!" With that, the Dragon Slayer held back his hands.

"Solar Dragon's Lighting Ball!" A burst of sunlight fired at Vanidas, who remained still. But as the golden light enveloped him, it was dispersed by the shadows that were around Vanidas' body.

"Seems a lowly serpent decided to fly into the devils' domain," Vanidas said, as he held up his hand, where there were was an opening on his palm. Shadows began to pour out of his hand.

"Shadow Devil's Cannon!"

Black shadows then shot out of his palm, at Sora, who brought up his arms to defend it. When the blast collided hit it's mark, Sora was sent skidding back a feet or two as he held off the blast. 

"That's incredible power boost," Sora muttered to himself, though the other three heard him. His gritted teeth turned into a smirk. "But I'm not going to lose!" With a roar, Sora balanced the blast of shadows on one hand, drew back with the other, and delivered a heavy blow that shook the air.

The blast burst apart into a thousand shadowy wisps that faded harmlessly into the air. 

"You let your guard down," Vanidas said from behind the Dragon Slayer.

"He's fast!" Lucas gaped.

"Too fast!" Kiki agreed.

"Sora needs help!" Lexi said as she ran over to the fight.

Sora spun around, slashing with one hand. The ground split as if cut by a sword, but Vanidas didn't get cut with it, leaping over the attack, coming down and slamming a fist into Sora's gut. The mage gagged, his gorge rising, spilling bile mixed with blood over the ground.

A swift kick pounded into his skull hard enough for Sora to see white before he was blasted away by another blast of shadows. He was barely aware of sailing through the sky. With a cry, he was slammed against the ground with a crash.  His bones whimpered to him when the ground parted from his impact.

"Sora!" Lexi cried.

When the dust faded, it showed that, Sora was really bruised than he was before.

"Piss off wench," Vanidas said, flicking his wrist, and sending a blast of shadows Lexi's way. Before it hit her, Kiki managed to bring back her wings, and pull Lexi out of the way just in time.