16; are you gonna be mine?

Monday, 5:55 AM

As soon as their lips separated, Clarke's hands moved from his cheeks to his arms and leaned her forehead on his. She was utterly breathless after what just happened, but she wasn't really thinking about this at all. Too many new and strong emotions filled her heart, and she wasn't sure what to do with them exactly.

Finn breathed heavily as well when his arms slowly wrapped around her back, his chin depositing on top of her shoulder. He had never really felt something as strong before, but he knew he liked it. This feeling of love and attraction toward one person, which felt even stronger when that person's arms were around his body as well. This girl who, ever since ninth grade, had possessed most of his thoughts in class. He didn't really want to pull away from their embrace, and he wasn't sure what to expect for the following hours, he just knew he wanted her close to him, and that he never wanted to let go of her. She occupied his mind and it was the only way to stay distracted from any other thoughts that could've destroyed him once again. But he didn't know what to tell her to make her stay close to him, nor how he was supposed to look at her without feeling his cheeks heat up whenever their eyes would meet. Plus, he knew that she was probably needed somewhere else, and he understood that.

Eventually, Clarke pulled away, but only to look at him. The brown of his eyes sparkled with life and it sent warmth down her heart, glad to see he seemed happy and at peace for once. She loved to feel his loving and protecting arms around her, and she wondered what this kiss meant to him, if it had been simply out of need, or if it meant something more. Would all of this just slowly fade away from their minds and the both of them would simply pretend nothing has ever happened?

After several seconds of staring and exchange of knowing smiles, Finn slowly moved his hands on top of her shoulders and tenderly brushed her exposed skin with his thumbs, pondering what he was going to say next.

But then, Clarke's eyes immediately flew to the doorway of her room as soon as they heard the footsteps indicating someone was climbing the stairs getting closer. They both quickly let go of the other and distanced themselves on the bed, not wanting everyone to find out about them just yet.

A few seconds after, Wells appeared in the doorway, his eyes immediately landing on Clarke. "Monty just woke up. Maybe it's better if you come check him up... To see if everything's fine." He explained, trying to avoid the fact that Finn was still shirtless and that it seemed as if he had surprised them in the middle of something.

The blonde nodded as she stared at her friend, flashing him a small smile and her cheeks burning red. She was excited to see how Monty was doing, but at the same time, slightly disappointed that she would have to leave Finn now, when they would've been about to talk about their current situation. She wanted to know what was going on his mind, and simply talk to him. When her eyes landed back on Finn, she smiled at him apologetically and slowly stood up, exhaling softly.

"Clarke, we need you now," Wells reminded her, noticing how her eyes wouldn't leave Finn's. He couldn't understand why she was being like that, but he preferred to not put too many thoughts into this.

"Yeah, I'm coming," she told Wells with another smile as she started to head out the room, and just before it would've been to late, she spoke. "Finn?" The boy's eyes immediately met with hers at the mention of his name. "You... You might wanna put your shirt back on." She then smiled, and completely walked out the room, leaving Finn once again to his own thoughts.

His cheeks tinted with a pale shade of red as he heard her, realizing just now that she was right. He watched until she completely disappeared behind the door, creating a small gap in his stomach just as if something really important had been taken away from him. It's almost as if he needed her in order to stay focused on something else than his horrible memories, and without her, he felt succumbed of guilt and pain. He knew he would eventually need to find comfort somewhere else, but for now, Clarke was his anchor.