24; i'd give up forever to touch you

Monday, 12:20 PM

Finn felt the pieces of his shattered heart break into more pieces as he watched the tears streaming down Clarke's face, not knowing what he was supposed to do. He wanted to say something and help, but he couldn't think about anything else other than constant self-hate.

"Don't... don't cry, please..." he muttered with a broken voice, his throat squeezing as he thought about reaching out for her hand that leaned on top of the table. But he couldn't touch her, he needed to avoid the risk of harming her another time.

The blonde looked up to him, her blue eyes reflecting hurt and pain. "Then tell me," she began, trying to hold back a sob. "What... what am I supposed to do?" Her voice was almost shaking.

He looked down, finding it too hard to watch her like that. And also because he didn't want her to see the tears accumulated in his eyes. He couldn't even answer to her question, as he had no idea what she was supposed to do either. But he didn't want her to cry, and mostly not because of him. He had never meant to hurt her but somehow he managed to do only that, and now it was too late to expect forgiveness coming from her... he just wanted to hold her close and tell her everything would've been okay, to kiss her lips softly and feel her arms around him. But he knew now that he had lost her trust and probably her love, and he would have to eventually let go of the memories he had created with her. "I... I don't deserve you..." he whispered, this time ignoring as a tear fell down his face. "N-not after what I... what I did to you..."

Clarke's brows then furrowed, his words feeling like a sharp knife shoved down her heart. "Is that really what you're thinking?!" She unexpectedly shouted as she got up from the chair, her eyes not leaving his. She couldn't believe what he had just said, and it broke her heart even more to know that he was thinking that. And this time, she didn't even feel bad about shouting.

But Finn remained silence. He lowered his head, and unconsciously picked at his fingers. He had never meant for her to know what he really was thinking...

"I care about you, Finn!" The blonde shouted again, not even bothering when everyone in the kitchen had lowered their voices, growing concerned about what was happening between the two. "And... y-you have no idea how much I hate myself for making you feel this miserable, but believe me... it never was my intention..." a sob mixed with the last words, but she didn't care. She loved him, she was convinced of it now, and to be parted from him that way felt unbearable. And the worst was that no matter how awful she felt, she still needed to keep going for her mother, her friends, and for everyone else who probably needed help.

Again, the boy didn't say anything to that. He wouldn't look up and felt embarrassed when more tears streamed down his cheeks, which he embarrassedly wiped away. He had no idea what to say, or what to do.

When she saw he wasn't going to say anything, Clarke wiped a few tears from her eyes as well and walked away from the table, hugging her arms around her chest as tight as she could. She headed back to the kitchen, ignoring the curious eyes of her friends landing on her face.

Both Monty and Murphy exchanged confused glances as they tried to understand what was happening, and Wells simply stood there, his brows furrowed and arms crossed.

"Should we... should we go talk to her?" Monty asked, his eyes not leaving Clarke.

"No, just leave her alone." Wells replied, swallowing thickly. "She'll come back when she'll be ready."