31; echoes of history

[A/N: Hey guys! So once again I thought I should let you know that this chapter contains brief mature contents including described violence, as well as very brief sexual content (but as always I've remained really poetic to avoid discomfort). Anyways, nothing too big to worry about so happy reading!]

Tuesday, 6:30 AM

She was conscious, but she didn't want to open her eyes; she was completely, and utterly terrorized.

She could tell by the unpleasant itching around her wrists and ankles that she had been tied up with thick rope, which scratched her skin painfully whenever she would try to move. Her head ached terribly, and he heart pounded hard within her chest, almost paining her every time she would try to take a deep breath.

The worst was that she could remember what had happened almost too perfectly.

The back of her head still hurt from the violent hit they had given her before seeing dark. Then, she remembered the knife they used to threaten her whenever she wouldn't give them the answer they wanted.
They'd hold it to her neck, pressing it harder against her skin depending whether they liked her answer or not.

And when she had angrily spat in one of the man's face and tried to get away, she'd been entitled to receive several hits from what she assumed to have been the same wooden stick that gave her the bump in the back of her head.

In the end, it got too much for her mind and body to handle. Her heavy eyelids closed, and the next time she opened them, she was locked in a different dark room, in which the walls were made of metal.

And even if it seemed as though she had spent hours in this sinister place, she still had no idea of where she could have been, or who those people were. But from what she had seen, there were at least ten of them, each wearing red or black bandannas covering their noses and mouths.

She didn't know much about them, but she knew she was terrified of what they could do to her, and started to wonder for how long she would have had to endure this hell.

Her thoughts were interrupted when someone pushed the door open and made their way toward her.
Clarke could feel her body shaking with fear, scared of what it was going to be this time, what 'special treatment' they got for her.

"Get up!" It was the voice of a man, one she had not heard yet. He didn't seem any different from the others, except for the odd looking tattoo sitting on top of his right hand. She'd seen it before on the other men's hands, but also somewhere else, although she couldn't seem to remember where.

She must've taken longer to get up than expected, because the second she got on her feet, she was thrown back on the cold floor, her forehead hitting the metal wall. A groan erupted from her mouth, tears stinging in her eyes.

"Now when I say get up, I don't mean in five seconds, I mean now." The man spat as he leaned down and pulled her up by the shoulders, slamming the front of her body against the wall. "Is that understood?" His hairy chin leaned on top of her shoulder and his lips almost brushed her check; she couldn't see him as he stood right behind her, but she could still feel the man's breath against her skin as he tied her hands tighter in her back, making sure she wouldn't escape.

"Y-yes..." Clarke whispered, her heart sinking within her chest as her whole body trembled of fear.

"Is that understood?!" The man shouted this time, pushing her harder against the wall and planting a knife up her neck.

"Yes!" She yelped through a sob and closed her eyes, praying all of this would be over sooner than she thought.

"That's what I thought," he muttered, and she could've sworn a smirk was on his face. As he slowly put the knife away, he also moved his lips all the way down the column of her neck, as though about to taste her.