Chapter 7

A few weeks later, the blue eyed omega was healthy as ever, prancing around the castle creating a disarray of things.

He would knock off the trinkets while jumping and playing with omega servants. He would send things tumbling down in the royal kitchen, making a mess on the wooden floors.

The beta and alpha guards failed to stop the prince from fleeing out of the castle gates. The massive amount of energy radiating from the omega's body was impressive. He was like a child loaded with sugar.

And obviously, no one scolded him. After all, it had been years since anyone in the kingdom saw the little wolf being so carefree and happy.

But taking a note of current events, someone was certainly disappointed by the deeds of the prince.

The little wolf's hands were trembling as he looked at them and the red liquid oozing out of the cut on his right palm. He winced as an omega servant cleaned it.

"Pardon me, Prince," the servant apologized.

He nodded and dared a glance at the brute alpha standing in front of him. The omega instantly cowered back from the harsh glare directed at him.

"It's done, Master," the servant who was tending to Louis' bleeding palm informed the Cheshire king.

The said alpha nodded. "Go, get some water for prince," he spoke in a clipped tone but Louis picked onto the anger lacing it.

When the servant was out of earshot, the omega whimpered as his mate strode towards him with a hard expression.

"Do you have any excuse?" Harry demanded, his voice low and deadly.

The little wolf whimpered yet again and shook his head. "I am sorry, alpha," he whispered and spared a glance up at the alpha's eyes, snapping his eyes down as soon as he saw them tinted red with fury.

"This," Harry pointed to his palm, voice gravelly, "This is what happens when you start being careless! It is not just a mere cut, it is deep and we all saw how much blood dripped out of that. Why can't you take care of yourself, Louis? Is it that hard to understand that you just don't fucking run into someone carrying swords to the place of arms? That man was carrying a dozen swords with him! What if it had hit you somewhere fatal? Are you out of your mind, Louis?!" Harry was seething, his knuckles had turned white from clutching onto the sides of omega's chair. His eyes were glowering a pestilent red shade, directed at the bowed head of the shivering omega.

Louis whimpered and a tear slipped down his eye. "I am sor-"

"Master," the servant from earlier interrupted, back with a pitcher of water and glass in his hands.

"Keep it on the table and leave!" The king snapped, his voice on the verge of going all alpha and scaring the poor souls within the castle.

The servant kept the jug and glass on the table and scurried out of Louis' boudoir, his figure visibly shaking.

His gaze went back to his little mate, then to his damaged hand, erupting growls from his chest. He stood up straight and turned away from Louis. Taking in deep breaths, he calmed his temper and closed his eyes to ease the frown marring his features.

Breathing deeply one last time, the alpha turned to his mate and placed his hand on his cheek to wipe away the stray tears. "I am sorry, shouldn't have scolded you," he told him and pecked his forehead. "Don't cry, please," Harry begged as Louis' tears only increased in intensity rather than slowing down.

He took the empty glass and filled it with water, handing it to the omega. He watched Louis take a few sips before handing it back.

"I am s-sorry, alpha," the little wolf stammered out. "Should have b-been more c-careful," he was literally scared of Harry's rage for the first time in his life. "I w-will be from n-now."