Chapter 13

Harry was in the courtroom, discussing about laws and taxes with his betas.

He had tucked his omega carefully under the covers before leaving the bed in the morning. He had observed that the omega used to stay in late and got easily tired. At first he had thought it was the stress of all the ceremonies and wedding rituals but still, after nearly a fortnight, the omega was not as active as before.

He was worried for his mate's health, constantly asked him if he felt alright or if he wanted to see a doctor, but the omega would decline saying that he just needed a nap.

"In my opinion, it would be good if we liberate a few water taxes," Aaron, one of his betas, spoke, "The kingdom has plenty of water and it would be a gift to the people from our Luna."

Zayn nodded and looked at the alpha. "I think that would be good too, Master, and our Luna would be pleased too if it happened in his name."

Harry pondered over the suggestion. They in fact had more than sufficient water resources and his subjects deserved some tax relief.

"I agree with that," he nodded in consent, "That will be all for today."

Everyone but Zayn stood up. "Master," they bowed and left the courtroom.

"Get Nathan to prepare the papers to relieve the tax," the alpha ordered.

Zayn stood up and bowed, "Yes, Master."

Harry leaned back on his throne, looking to his left at his Luna's empty throne. He wanted his mate to be with him when he made important decisions, he wanted to involve him and let everyone know his mate's importance.

He closed his eyes and sighed, he knew Louis was lying to him.

How could his omega think that he could hide his sickness from his mate and he wouldn't know?

He could have forced him to say the truth, could have his used his wolf to order him but he didn't want the omega to feel pressured. He didn't want to scare him like last time.

He glanced up as Zayn walked back in with a scroll.

"Master," the beta bowed and handed over the scroll.

The alpha went through the scroll, nodding when the mentioned details stood upto his decision. He signed under it and kept it aside.

"I'll get Louis to sign it when he is up, it'll be imposed from over-morrow," he informed, taking off his crown and smoothing his hair before placing it back again.

He groaned in pain as his bond mark heated up.

"Are you alright, Master?" Zayn looked at him in worry.

The alpha stood up. "Louis," he spoke before he headed for the door. His wolf howled in pain, clawing at his chest and he increased his pace as a searing pain shot through his neck.

The beta was hot on his heels, following after the king, ready to rip anyone who was causing pain to his alpha and luna. It was his sole purpose to ensure their security and if anything went wrong then he would live his entire life in grief.

The alpha barged through the doors and his eyes searched for his omega who was clutching his stomach and was curled under the sheets.

"Louis! My Luna!" He rushed towards the bed and sat beside him, pulling him on his lap and hugging him to his chest.

The omega looked up at him and whimpered. "Hurts, alpha, my stomach," he spoke in a low tone, too tired to speak loudly.

"Zayn, get Martha over here!" Harry commanded. He removed the omega's hands from his lower stomach and rubbed over it gently.